A bout Herpes

Hi my name is teresa ali and just find out I have herpes type 1 how did I get this ? Can this get cure?

Thanks for this information, I have a question. How can you have oral sex once you are diagonised with Herpes? is the only way with a condom? what kind? Sorry some what clueless.

Hi Teresa,

Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease that you got from a sexual partner who already had it.

There is no cure but you can take daily medications to prevent breakouts or take meds when breakouts begin.

The worst of herpes is always the first year - breakouts may be common and are painful. You may also feel like you have the flu.

But with a very healthy lifestyle (with exercise and good sleep)  and good immune system, outbreaks can occur less and less often.

You will need to see a doctor to get medications and you will need to use condoms if you have a new partner so that you don't infect them. Never have sex during an outbreak, not even with a condom.

Most people live good and healthy lives with herpes, once the shock of diagnosis is over. Just live a healthy life and use protection - make sure you have medication handy for an outbreak or take a pill once a day to help prevent outbreaks altogether. Your doctor can give you lots of information and we have a great herpes information page here - check it out: http://www.empowher.com/genital-herpes/content/signs-and-symptoms-genita...

Hi Susan
I think i may have got herpies from a girl when I cheated on my gf. she had some pimples near her vagina but she said it was from shaving. now a month later I have a large puss looking pimple near my penis
can that just happen, I clean after. would a condom have prevented this
should I tell my gf or go to a doctor

A condom would have done a pretty good job in preventing this.

Please do NOT have sex with your girlfriend right now. You have to see a doctor for a diagnosis. Please don't infect another person, make sure you see a professional first. Go today if you can.

Let us know how things go and good luck,

Oh and never, ever believe anyone who says that any lumps, bumps, pimples or anything else are from shaving or any other reason. Always use a condom - the risk isn't worth it!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide