Breast pain?

Hello I'm a 35 year old with rand pain in both breast
It started out in my arm it area and has since left there and now is in my breasts. It is not constant, but very sporadic and unexpected. My pcp did a breast exam and checked my lymph nodes and felt nothing. She did labs and the only thing that came back is low vitamin d. There was no explanation given, bit still having the pain in the side of my breast and sometimes the top. I don't know what else to do. I getting terrible anxiety from this!!

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

I'm glad you saw your doctor and spoke about your concerns and she did an exam and labs that turned out to be fine.

There are many reasons for breast pain - and it's often hormonally driven. Some women have great breast pain in the days or week before their periods. Some women have "lumpy" breasts (fibrocystic breasts) that cause pain every month. Sometimes this kind of pain ends after menopause.

Anon, has your doctor said why she thinks you may be having this pain? It's a good idea to talk with her again - we have an article here that explains several reasons for breast pain and the accompanying treatments. Please take a look at it here and let us know if it helps:

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide