Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: breasts hurt really bad!

By beautiful latina

Hi i wanted to know why my breasts hurt so much? Its both of them. I can touch them with my index finger and it hurts when i do that. The other day i went to the park and was running and they hurt so bad when i ran. My breasts are not that big i am a 34b so they never hurt when i ran before. Its been like more than a week that im going through this now and it scares me.Please give me advice of what could be the reasons why and if it really is something i should be worried about, please let me know!! Thanks.

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

beautiful latina - The Mayo Clinic provides good information about breast pain causes and treatment in the following article: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/breast-pain/DS00760

Most communities do have agencies that help people with low incomes get medical care.There are also services available at fairly low rates from urgent care centers in many communities. You can usually find them with a Google search.

Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better soon.
Pat

beautiful latina (reply to Pat Elliott)

Thanks a lot for your information. You were very helpful. I will look into Google to find a clinic. Hopefully its nothing too serious. I hope i have luck. Thanks again!!

If your breasts hurt from just touching the outside of the skin lightly, you should call your doctor. It could be an infection that is easily treated.

Some women's breasts hurt after running, regardless of the size of their breasts, but this should be just "soreness" for a day.

If your breasts have been hurting for a week, are sore-to-the-touch, these are good reasons to call your doctor and rule out any serious medical conditions.

beautiful latina (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate your information. Im going to try to go to a doctor if im able to find a clinic that helps me since i cant afford insurance.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thanks dor your comment. I am only 18 and do you think it's actually an infection? What kind of infection? Also, is there like an agency that helps you out if you can't afford insurance bc you have li income? If it is an infection could it be really serious?

I also want to let you know I don't have any kids so I haven't breast fed. I looked online and saw that breast infections are common if you breast feed which I don't. Can you also reply to my previous comment for me? Thanks so much!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Anonymous

In addition to other possibilities, you may be suffering from what's called cyclical mastalgia; this is breast pain that can be quite severe with some women and can last up to a week. It normally happens in the week before your period is due?

Are you still in pain now? When is your period due?
~Susan

beautiful latina (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi my period is due in like 10 days. I have had this pain for a week and a half now.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to beautiful latina)

Hi beautiful latina

This doesn't sound like cyclical mastalgia (although it could be a different kind of mastalgia) so please let us know how your appointment goes - I hope you get a free/affordable one soon!

~Susan