ask: Broken condom during placebo week

By Emily B

Okay so I've already asked a question like this but I didn't add specific details, so I hope I'm not annoying anyone haha so my boyfriend and I had sex the night before my period was due, October 4 was the night we had sex, and he was wearing a condom like we always do, it broke and he was inside me really quickly and he pulled out right away. (Like an in and out sort of way haha, I'm just trying to make things clear)There was no ejaculation but most likely just his pre-ejaculate. I'm on the pill and haven't missed any and have been taking the all within the same hour everyday. I was just wondering am I fully protected during my placebo week and do I have any chance of pregnancy? Do I have any reason to be concerned?

Hi Emily B

You have no cause for concern. Firstly, you are fully protected against pregnancy during your inactive pill week (placebo week) if you take all your pills as prescribed and you have done this.

Secondly, Emily, your period is confirmation that you are not pregnant so you can rest assured that you are fine.

Has this information helped you?

Are you sure that there's no chance at all? I had the same thing happen to me almost so I am worried also, it might just be my imagination but I feel like I'm experiencing symptoms. I did everything the same as Emily I never missed a pill, I'm really worried and so is my boyfriend

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no more risk during the placebo week than there is any other day of the month.

You are protected.

Emily B (reply to Susan Cody)

Yes you have answered my questions very well :) it's just that I was concerned that sperm could possibly be living until my period is done and then get fertilized after but on the pill it suppresses ovulation right?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Emily B)

Correct, Emily, you do not ovulate when you are on the Pill.

Don't over think things - you'll stress yourself out!

Siusan

Emily B

Oh and I did get my period :)

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: