Broken hymen and black flesh where it broke off?

I was having sex with my boyfriend and we heard a pop and I started to bleed a lot. I was not a virgin at the time it happend. Later, I noticed a peice of flesh hanging out of my vagina which I assume to be my hymen. But where it connected across my vagina it is a blackish color and has been bleeding for a day and a bit now. Is this normal? What's happening? I am getting my mother to bring me into the gyno, I am just stressing. I am 16 years old, if that helps.

It's a bit of a puzzle as to why you would hear a popping sound and then have this loose flesh. It may well be your hymen - do you know some women can still have a partial hymen after having a child? Some hymens are very stretchy and don't always disappear once virginity is lost.

Your gynecologist can examine you and take this skin away for you. Will you please update us to as what she says?