Can exposure to the sun affect my fybromyalgia symptoms?

I was out in the sun yesterday much longer than I realized and got quite a burn on both arms. Besides the typical burning sensation, I'm feeling al lot of deep pain in my bones from my shoulders done into my hands...where I was exposed. It's more of a constant ache. Excedrin for Body Aches barely touches it. Has anyone else who suffers with Fibro ever experienced similar symptoms? Thank you.

yes- even small exposure burns

It was difficult to find any references regarding the impact of sun exposure on fibromyalgia, but I did find an article for nurses which states that patients should avoid tobacco as well as prolonged periods of sun exposure as these can aggravate symptoms.

You can find the full article at:

Fibromyalgia Guide