Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide

ask: Can HPV go away on its own?

I was just diagnosed as being positive for HPV and will have a culposcopy in a few days. I've done some research and have read that once you have HPV that it will never go away. But I asked the nurse at my doctor's office and she said that in some cases, the HPV will just go away and your body will recover on its own. If that's the case, how often does that occur? What are my chances that my HPV will just eventually go away?

Anonymous

Thank you bonnie and susan i appreciate it Hope you have a Great Xmas :).

Bonnie Diraimondo RN

Many of the answers to your questions depend largely upon whether you are dealing with low risk (genital warts) or high risk (cancer causing) HPV strains. All of the above that you mentioned are possible.

Contributory factors such as smoking, early onset sexual intercourse, multiple partners generally increase the risk for chronic infection. Also even if the two of you both have HPV it is especially important that the couple use condoms. One might wonder why if you are in a monogomous relationship and the answer is that HPV is contained within the man's semen. This can result in an increased viral load for the woman and one which could potentially push her immune system over the edge in handling the virus if that makes sense. I hope it does. No it isn't pleasant to need to be using condoms especially in a monogomous relationship but it could also prevent you from having to confront more severe HPV lesions and possibly cancer. Hope this helps.

Bonnie

Anonymous

Question....if we breakout once and goes away does it mean the breakout will come back again sometime in the future for sure? Or could we just always be infected with no breakouts? Will our partner get any infection in the mouth through oral? Also...if we both have it will it make anything worse if we continue to have sexual contact like will the hpv get worse while having sex if we are both already infected?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for your question.

It is common for an outbreak of genital warts to signal to a person that they have HPV. Once treated, it' also common for that outbreak to be the only one in a person's lifetime, due to the body's ability to suppress the virus even though it does not rid itself of it completely. But if a person becomes unwell or has a compromised immune system, another outbreak can happen. The more healthy a person is, the less likely a second (or more) outbreak is likely to happen although of course, there are no guarantees.

I hope this helps and thank you for writing.

~Susan

Anonymous

I have had HPV since the age of 14 now Im 25 and there are times when I show no signs for months but then here is comes again , I have learned that it will always be there however, I can control it. My partner of 2 1/2 years hasnt contracted it bc I dont have intercourse with him during my outbreak.... Things could be worse believe me. Signs are itching burning bumps in some cases but not all. It is nothing to be ashamed of some of us caught it due to other people. Just be sure to keep all doctors visits and have random pap smears. Thanks

calinbusteni

Cervugid
Is an Active Polyvalent on the entire vaginal pathological flora which causes cervical/vaginal and internal genital inflammation. The complex chemical composition of the drug, Cervugid (Ovules), assures the healing of all inflammation on the vaginal, cervical and interior genital organs, as well as pelvic inflammation. The chemical composition of Cervugid (Ovules) covers a broad range of pathogens (microbes, parasites, chlamydiae, mycoses, mycoplasmas).
Cervugid shown in cervico-vaginal inflammation (vaginitis, cervicitis), pelvic inflammatory in congestion (pelviperitonite, Annex, metritis, pelvic cellulitis, inflammatory processes that accompany benign or malignant tumor). A special efficiency was observed in the treatment of inflammatory vaginal ulcers, which over 90% of cases after only 2-3 epitelizeaza course. Cervugid ovules are indicated in the preoperative preparation of various genital diseases, in which provides a favorable evolution without infectious complications. Also particularly proved useful for menopausal women, which shows local disturbances (burning, discomfort, stress urinary incontinence, etc

gerovital-gerovital.blogspot.com

Anonymous

Yes everyone is different just need to go to the doctor and find out whats going on exactly but never just think a breakout will just go away. You shouldnt always believe what you read online not everyone has the same body or symptoms and there are many types of hpv its insane but dont get frightened by the people that will always t ry to make you feel that hpv will make you feel miserable the world is filled with people Who may think they know it all. How are you sure they are really even in the medical field anyone can copy paste. See YOUR doctor!

Bonnie Diraimondo RN (reply to Anonymous)

It's unfortunate when people choose to be so vocal yet cannot even list their names. I do not know specifically whose comments you were referring to but since they followed mine - how do you know if the person is even in the medical field, I, unlike others list my name and credentials as an RN and my site unlike some other disreputable sites on the internet which give false information is certified by HONCode for providing accurate medical information.
Iam the author of a book which is not only endorsed by, but the foreword written by the Nobel Prize recipient in medicine for discovering that HPV caused cervical cancer. He has recommended that not only patients, but doctors as well read my book. I also just returned from Berlin Germany where i was the first patient advocate in its 27 year history to receive the honor of being asked to give a presentation at the international papillomavirus Conference. I maintain certification in courses related to HPV that many doctors do not even take, nor could many of them pass.
Of course any time a patient discovers any lesion or feels ill they should consult their doctor but not all doctors are fully educated in HPV so it is worth it to educate yourself as well. Too many people are diagnosed too late and/or die because they minimize the possible ramificatios nof HPV or think it can't happen to them. 80% of adults will have an HPV infection by the time they are 50 and that comes from the CDC. That means for every ten people in a room with you eight of them have encountered HPV. There is also a vaccination available which people with don't know about or fail to take advantage of. HPV is NOT just cervical cancer as many believe, and minimizing it isn't going to change the truth.

Bonnie Diraimondo RN
If anyone has questions, they should go to The HPV Support Network! It is untrue that HPV just "goes" away, it goes dormant and can come back months, years and even decades later. Not everyone who has HPV will have high risk lesions and not all those with high risk lesions will go on to develop cancer but unfortunately, and contrary to the comment above, it is NOT always OK.Thousands of women die every year from cervical, vaginal, vulvar and anal cancer related to HPV. Having lived 25 years with HPV and survived 2 invasive cancers I know how bad it can be and am very familiar with how it feels to get stuck with needles "down there" (over 3 dozen times)December 1, 2011 - 5:18pm
Anonymous

I was scared when i found out I had HPV I'm 23 . Thankfully one of my nurses told me she had it also and that it went away on its own. I took all three shots and i got mine cut off it wasn't too bad but it really sucks get shots down there. I was worried at first because my first two pap smears came out positive. Finall, after the 3rd one I was negative again it took maybe about 9 months for it to clear up. Today is the day i got the good news that it was negative and that I was ok again. Just remember if you have it you will be OK just take care of yourself get tested as many times as your docotor recommends and even though it seems to be takin a while to clear up it should eventually go away, and always be cautious on what you do make sure it is a lesson learned. Tell others about it also and let them know it WILL be ok soon you will just feel normal again and that feeling is GREAT. Good luck to all of you :) if you have any questions you can email me Heycupcake30@gmail.com

Have you ever been tested for STDs?: