can i be pregnant if i have spotting after my period?

By Anonymous November 30, 2014 - 8:55am

Could I be pregnant?
I had a period 16th Nov (Sunday) then finished 21st Nov (Friday) then came back on 29th nov witch is a (sat) then on 30th Nov (sun) i had no blood
I had sex with out protection on 22nd nov 23rd nov then 28th nov dueing the day 29 nov before i had spotting then 4 times 30th nov plz help me

Hi Anon and thanks for your question.

Generally speaking, when you have a period, it means you are not pregnant. Spotting between periods is fairly common for women, and can be from residual blood from your last period, or what's called breakthrough bleeding.

You may find the following helpful:

Answers for Women Needing to Know: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex

The only way to know for sure if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test.

Hope that helps,