Can I be pregnant from replacing my birth control patch a day late?

I have been using the patch for about a month and a half now. I was on my first patch of my cycle. My patch removal day is Sunday. I had unprotected sex on this Sunday, the 28th of August. My boyfriend is sure he pulled out and didn't leave any of him behind. But to be sure I took a generic form of Plan B (because that's what our pharmacy provides) within 40-42 hours. My scheduled period on the patch should be Sept. 11th (I usually have irregular periods). After 5 days of taking the generic Plan B I had brown discharge mixed with a little clear. The day after (6 days after Plan B) I am having somewhat light bleeding. Enough that I have changed my panty liner 4 times today, but not enough for a super tampon. Is this implantation bleeding, ovulation bleeding (since its around that time now) or side effects of the generic? Please help, a little stressed out.

Hi Susan I am 10 lbs over the weight limit. Is this a huge problem? I also took it within the 40-48 hour limit, so that also deduces my effectiveness. And I just want to be sure that if there was ejaculation that I would be okay.

HERWriter Guide (reply to C_new)

Hi C-new!

The medication will not work. It doesn't mean you're going to get pregnant but your risk is higher.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Since there was no ejaculation, there is no pregnancy risk either way.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...