Can I get pregnant after having sex on my last day of period ?

By March 27, 2016 - 8:18pm

I had my period on 23 /3/2016 and my last day of period will be 28/3/2016 ..... I and my bf had unprotected sex.... do I have any chances of getting pregnant. ...??? I'm not taking any birth pills....

Hi NivashiniRavindiran1290 !

It's very unusual to get pregnant on the last day of a period but it is possible. If you have short cycles and ovulate early (say, day 10 instead of the average day 14) then pregnancy can occur because sperm can stay alive in the body up to 5 days.

But this is a low risk.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/infertility-fertility/content/10-interesting-facts-you-probably-didnt-know-about-ovulation

But he didn't hiject the sperm inside. ..!!! But does it still possible to get pregnant ....??? And also we having sex for past two days after my last day of period. ...!!!

HERWriter Guide (reply to NivashiniRavindiran1290)

Hi again!

You didn't mention any of that the first time, I can only go by what you say. Sex after your period is a risk but there is no risk if there is no ejaculation.