Can I get pregnant after taking postinor2 12 hours after sex during my fertile phase?

By October 1, 2015 - 6:38pm

Hi, I had unprotected sex 2 days ago and it was during my fertile phase. 12 hours after that, I took 2 postinor2 pills at the once and 12 hours later another pill. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

I had unprotected sex during my ovulation & took postinor2 one hour time & the second pill 12hours later,can I get pregnant?

Having unprotected sex during ovulation is not wise when not wanting to get pregnant. However, P2 - when taken correctly and within 24 hours, as you have one - is up to 95% effective. I don't think you have much to worry about but you can read more here, including side effects: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills

Hi Alina07

Thanks for your post, I think I have helped you on this before - has this happened to you again?

P2 only works when you are fertile and could get pregnant, otherwise there is no need to take it. When taken correctly, it's up to 95% effective so you don't have much to worry about.

Please read up on the side effects so that you know what you expect (bleeding or delayed period).