can prostinor2 change your menstural cycle?

its my first time taking prostinor2. i took it on October 23 at 8:30 pm and 8:30 am friday morning...intercourse happened in the afternoon around 1 the same day .. its november 30th and my period is very late my regular period is the 16 to the 17 every month... can prostinor2 cause this

Thank you for visiting the EmpowHER community and sharing your question. What you are experiencing is completely normal.

The most common side effect of an emergency contraceptive is changing the woman’s cycle. This can be scary, particularly if it causes a late period for someone who is concerned about being pregnant. Here is a list of its side effects:

Side effects may include changes in your period, nausea, lower abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness and breast tenderness. Some women may have changes in their period, a heavier or lighter next period, or a period that is early or late.

Anon, the medicine in these pills change your hormones and can affect your menstrual cycle for a month or so. I do not find it at all surprising that your cycle is still a bit off.

However, if you have had no bleeding at all, I would suggest you take a pregnancy test just to rule that out.