can sex cause an abnormal period?

i had sex and then maybe a week after I started bleeding abnormally heavy as if it was water and it stopped with in maybe thirty minutes but now it just comes and goes. ill bleed then a whole week I wont then itll start up again, and I know im not pregnant and im on depo so I only get my period when I miss my shot but im not due until the middle of april

Bleeding is never normal unless you have your period or have just had a baby.

This bleeding could be a side effect of the Depo but you need to see a gynecologist to determine what this bleeding is.

Read more here: