ask: can someone that's had a Hysterectomy get chlamydia and or be tested

discharge with odor,burning while urinating,pain during sex,

I no longer have a cervix either. Someone that I am interested in came in contact with chlamydia, and I am wondering if without a cervix you can still be infected?

Cary Cook BSN RN (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, Anon, you can still be infected. If you read the link from the NIH I posted in the answer above your question, you will see that you can be infected vaginally, orally, or anally. So even if you didn't have a vagina at all you could still get chlamydia.

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hi Peaches-

The short answer is yes, absolutely you can become infected with chlamaydia after a hysterectomy. If you have not yet seen a doctor, I suggest you do so as soon as possible. We have a page on chlamydia: and the National Institutes of Health has detailed information as well:

Please seek treatment, and good luck.

Chlamydia Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :