Can sperm travel through clothing?

By February 28, 2016 - 11:20pm

My boyfriend and zi wete making out and it got heated pretty quickly. Since I am on my period, we didn't go beyond a handjob. He ejaculated all over my pants. He wasn't wearing and but I had on a pad, underwear and pants. I know this is irrational fear but I know Chances of pregnancy are high now because I am on my period. There was some that went to the inside of the thighs (on the pants). After like twenty minutes, I washed my hands and peed and my boyfriend is scaring me telling me that my vagina making contact with the thigh could be a risk (I didn't think so). I so happened to wear a scarf and it got a bit of cm on it that dried. He says not to get it close to my vagina (again I didn't think it was a problem though he freaked out when I bent to check between my legs without my pants on). Are we just being irrational???

Hi Lost and Confused!

Please only post your question one time!

Your information is backwards - pregnancy risk is extremely low when having sex during your period - not high. In fact, it's rare.

The sperm on the scarf thing does not make sense. Your boyfriend is being very over-dramatic! :)

Also you are confusing intercourse with making out; you did not have sex, you made out with clothes on. Sperm can in no way get through layers of clothing and then find a vagina and get up it to impregnate. That is not scientifically possible.

I would caution you against any kind of sexual activity until you know how the body works and what you are doing. Also, your boyfriend also needs to read the following link, he is giving you wrong information. You must have unprotected, naked sex with ejaculation on/in the vagina in order to get pregnant. Please have your boyfriend educate himself so he is not causing you needless stress.

You can read more her: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/outercourse-dry-humping-dry-sex-and-other-sexual-behaviors

I told him , but he was scared because he was the one with no pants. I was fully clothed. He kept insisting that the semen could have made contact with my skin and when I went to pee it would make contact with my vagina because the semen splotch on my pants were on the inside of the thigh.

HERWriter Guide (reply to LostAndConfused)

Hi again!

He is entitled to his opinion even though it 's totally incorrect and not scientifically possible! There are many people out there like that!

You own your body and you now know the facts so either your boyfriend agrees to learn more about how the body works or he agrees to stop giving you wrong information. Let him know you're fine and you have the facts and to move it along.

Can I ask, how long does sperm live outside the body after ejaculation? I heard somewhere that 20 minutes after ejaculation, in the open environment it dies. I am trying to convince my boyfriend that it dried well before I peed.

Hi again!

Yes, about 20 minutes is the longest sperm can survive, you are correct!

Your boyfriend needs to chill, he's a bit of a dramaholic - how do you put up with that?! :)

LOL thank you again!

Thank you so much!
I guess I should go break it to him that there is no way semen could have gone from my pants on to my skin and then travel upwards to my vagina to get me impregnanted :,)
Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Sorry to bother but is it normal to have discharge after my period. My cycle is 24 days, I googled it and it said during ovulation you could have alot of discharge. Today, I saw the tiniest speck of pink and I think I am overthinking it. I googled that too and saw that its normal during ovulation...is it true?
I tend to stress myself out easily. My boyfriend is rubbing off on me. Also, can you get back pain from stress and anxiety?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Unknown-108)

I think Maryann has helped you extensively recently?

Stress can cause pain anywhere in the body, really. It's very powerful.

I don't know what a little bit of pink means, if you are concerned about pregnancy take a test if you don't your next period on time.