Can you die directly or indirectly from endometriosis?

Years of pain and multiple surgeries.

Anonymous

i lost my soul mate to this .....i cant explain the count less nights spent in A & E waiting for hours and in the end getting no answers. countless tests hospital visits to no avail the pain she went through physically and emotionally cant be explained in words she was on strongest painkillers a dr could suggest and the maximum amount of dose they could give her but it used to barely make a difference. i would be weeks before i could see her smiling or being cheeky larger than life bubbly character that she was. her condition drained us booth physically and mentally. and the helplessness of not being able to help her killed me every moment of the day till today. she started drinking vodka to cope with pain or atleast get drunk and knockout in the bed so she could have a peaceful night as she would be awake for days on end .for years her life was limited to that sofa vodka and pain took its toll and she became really depressed . she was put on anti depressants to cope with depression but they resulted in panic attacks and drs kept saying its just a phase and it will pass and one day she was found dead in the living room ....................... i cant even have words to explain how we went through every single day of our lives with my uni and work and her condition ......its been 16 months since she left me and all her pains in this world ...and i dont think i can write any further

Anonymous

I'm scared that I might have endometriosis. I've had constant cramping. I looked up symptoms of it and it all makes sense.
I'm always feeling fatigue. I will mainly always j e thrush before my periods. Il always have sore breasts. I have complained about stiffness in my shoulders which have caused pain. The other day I had really bad cramping up my anus and vagina to the point I couldn't stand up straight, couldn't breathe (wheezing) , and wanted to be sick. Eventually I did throw up. The pain got so unbearable I passed out for about a min. Even now I still have the cramping up my anus but it's not as severe. My auntie has suggested that it could be this or polycystic ovaries as it is heredity.
I've had a pelvic ultrasound but I know they'll just say it's a cyst or whatever but I think my pains are too severe to just be cysts. Should I ask for a internal ultrasound and to be tested for endometriosis?

You should go to the doctors I am 15 years of age with endometriosis or polycystic overlies they still don't know because I need to have an ultrasound but they similar so you should go see someone

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You absolutely need more medical testing - please talk to your doctor and schedule a meeting. Explain all your symptoms and ask for further testing to be done. I hope you get a diagnosis soon and can start on treatment straight away.

Anonymous

Hello I've been suffering with Endometriosis for about 3yrs now! I've already had two cisist removed one off each ovary. They were a little bigger than baseballs. Ever since that surgery I have experienced non stop pain. Litterly since the day I woke from that surgery! It horrible.!! I've been telling my doctors for about year now of the pain I've been having and how it hasn't stopped they finally told me I have another mass on my ovary. Now they want to remove my ovary. I'm only 20 years old. And I've litterly had too give up on all my dreams in life. I had too drop out of high school get my GED. I had to quit nursing school. And now I see no way of reaching my goal of becoming a pediatrician. If I'm always in the bed balled up in ball. The only thing I have left that I absolutely want is too have kids... I've already had these cisist come on both ovaries. I'm scared if they take this ovary. Another will come on the other ovary. And they'll want too take that one next!! I feel my family is no longer by my side. I've been going through health issues basically my whole life. I get they're tired. But I'm the one suffering. I have no one too turn too. No one too understand. I've lost all of my friends due too my illnesses. Because I can't be social as I used too be. Its just me. My doctors are tired of seeing my face. But out of all these ppl who's supposed to be in my corner. No one can possibly be more tired of this. Than I am!!! They Dont have to go through what I've been through. Or feel the pain that I feel... Now its to the point that I refuse to have this surgery until I have a baby! Which isn't working. This mass has grew 3times in the past 3months. Its too the point where I'm starting too feel like I can actually feel the mass. If i lay a certain way. Or if I'm having a lot of swelling. I'm so tired if having surgery. Ive had a surgery every year for the past 8 years. Sometimes multiple surgeries in one year. I watched my life, friends, and family disappear... Idk wat too do anymore!!

Hello Hun I found 2 years ago or so I got endmetrisios , for 5 years before than doctors said it was all kinds things but none of meds was working . My oldest sister found out she had endmetrisios years before I found I did , and keep telling me it was endmetrisios .. When my first surgery 2 years ago Doctor said I had mass of amount in female area and mass amount in colon . Just wanted you to know your not alone , but I completely understand how doctors are and treat us . I just had 2 nd surgery March 9 2016 , and I got more issues now than I did before either surgerys . Your be in my prays ....
Amber

Hi,
I know how painful it is. I was going through a similar situation. But ever since I tried Endovan medicine I have felt 10 times better. After a couple months I felt like I was able to continue pursuing me dreams. I'm still working on having kids, but I have higher hopes now.

I am very sorry to hear this. It sounds like you have reached a crisis point in your life with respect to your health. 

If you think that pregnancy may be impossible for you, you can have eggs removed and stored for later use. 

You may also have to face further surgeries due to your condition - that's a really unfortunate fact and I think it's very unfair for a young woman to have to deal with something like this. It may come down to having serious surgery (with serious consequences) like a hysterectomy and not being able to bear your own children ; although they will be biologically yours if you retain your eggs. 

You are dealing with a lot, Anon. I think you really need to sit down and have a meeting with your doctor. Not about the next surgery but about the plan for your lifetime - including specifics about what your body is and isn't capable of doing.  About what is really necessary to stop these huge and frequent regrowths. 

Anon, can you do this? 

You also need to talk with your doctors about pain management as this should not ruin your chances to get into medical school and/or have a career you love.  

Can you make an appointment, Anon?

<3 I also think she should talk to her doctor about depression because she sounds very depressed and she would have a better chance of making the right decisions for her life if she doesn't have depression fog clouding her judgments.

talitha17 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hello, Susan. My name is Shanell by the way. Thank you for replying... And yes I can make an appointment with my doc. I am on a very extensive pain management treatment already. I have already spoke with my ob/gyn. And my family doc. Concerning other options other than surgery. And what effects of me getting pregnant will this have on the baby and myself. And all of these things. Basically they really Dont see another alternative for me other than surgery. Which I'm really just not trying too hear. And the endo. Isn't the only issue that's holding me back from my career. I have a skin condition, and nerve damage as well. The skin condition its self is very painful. And I have too under go multiple surgeries for that as well. Its because of all of these surgeries I have nerve damage. So hopefully you can understand why I am just too the point where I'm done having surgery. I had all these surgeries thinking it would help and I would get better. But my conditions just come back and seem too be worse. So surgery for me isn't a option. At this time. I'm physically, mentally, and I would probably even say spiritually exhausted from all of this. Although I do realize I can't run from this surgery for long. Time is just not on my side. Especially after I found out how fast this mass is growing. But I'm just very skeptical about this. Because for every condition I have and every surgery I had that was supposed too help. I can't even say cure. Because it seem like I have all the conditions without a cure! Lol; but they didn't help. I go through all that extra pain too end up worse than I started. So me losing my ovary. And still having this condition when I wake up! And I end up having too have an entire hysterectomy. And I can't bare my own children. Is a nightmare for me!! I'm sorry to be so negative. I've lost my positive mind set concerning this. I have to think about all the possibilities. Negative and positive. Its just so frustrating...

Endometriosis

Endometriosis Guide