Q: 

Can you die directly or indirectly from endometriosis?

Years of pain and multiple surgeries.

Anonymous

I was diagnosed with endometriosis, when it gets really bad I often have a sudden onset of hypoglycemia, I'm worried that when I live on my own I won't be able to take care of myself and I've been avoiding my period ever since. The military doctors refused to do any treatments or even the tests. When the hpoglycemia hits I cannot take care of myself I cant even function or think straight and often am left half passed out while my mother whipes my forehead and tries to get some juice into me. I know that if your blood sugar is not raised it could lead to severe consequences.

Anonymous

i lost my soul mate to this .....i cant explain the count less nights spent in A & E waiting for hours and in the end getting no answers. countless tests hospital visits to no avail the pain she went through physically and emotionally cant be explained in words she was on strongest painkillers a dr could suggest and the maximum amount of dose they could give her but it used to barely make a difference. i would be weeks before i could see her smiling or being cheeky larger than life bubbly character that she was. her condition drained us booth physically and mentally. and the helplessness of not being able to help her killed me every moment of the day till today. she started drinking vodka to cope with pain or atleast get drunk and knockout in the bed so she could have a peaceful night as she would be awake for days on end .for years her life was limited to that sofa vodka and pain took its toll and she became really depressed . she was put on anti depressants to cope with depression but they resulted in panic attacks and drs kept saying its just a phase and it will pass and one day she was found dead in the living room ....................... i cant even have words to explain how we went through every single day of our lives with my uni and work and her condition ......its been 16 months since she left me and all her pains in this world ...and i dont think i can write any further

Anonymous

I'm scared that I might have endometriosis. I've had constant cramping. I looked up symptoms of it and it all makes sense.
I'm always feeling fatigue. I will mainly always j e thrush before my periods. Il always have sore breasts. I have complained about stiffness in my shoulders which have caused pain. The other day I had really bad cramping up my anus and vagina to the point I couldn't stand up straight, couldn't breathe (wheezing) , and wanted to be sick. Eventually I did throw up. The pain got so unbearable I passed out for about a min. Even now I still have the cramping up my anus but it's not as severe. My auntie has suggested that it could be this or polycystic ovaries as it is heredity.
I've had a pelvic ultrasound but I know they'll just say it's a cyst or whatever but I think my pains are too severe to just be cysts. Should I ask for a internal ultrasound and to be tested for endometriosis?

You should go to the doctors I am 15 years of age with endometriosis or polycystic overlies they still don't know because I need to have an ultrasound but they similar so you should go see someone

Anonymous

Hello I've been suffering with Endometriosis for about 3yrs now! I've already had two cisist removed one off each ovary. They were a little bigger than baseballs. Ever since that surgery I have experienced non stop pain. Litterly since the day I woke from that surgery! It horrible.!! I've been telling my doctors for about year now of the pain I've been having and how it hasn't stopped they finally told me I have another mass on my ovary. Now they want to remove my ovary. I'm only 20 years old. And I've litterly had too give up on all my dreams in life. I had too drop out of high school get my GED. I had to quit nursing school. And now I see no way of reaching my goal of becoming a pediatrician. If I'm always in the bed balled up in ball. The only thing I have left that I absolutely want is too have kids... I've already had these cisist come on both ovaries. I'm scared if they take this ovary. Another will come on the other ovary. And they'll want too take that one next!! I feel my family is no longer by my side. I've been going through health issues basically my whole life. I get they're tired. But I'm the one suffering. I have no one too turn too. No one too understand. I've lost all of my friends due too my illnesses. Because I can't be social as I used too be. Its just me. My doctors are tired of seeing my face. But out of all these ppl who's supposed to be in my corner. No one can possibly be more tired of this. Than I am!!! They Dont have to go through what I've been through. Or feel the pain that I feel... Now its to the point that I refuse to have this surgery until I have a baby! Which isn't working. This mass has grew 3times in the past 3months. Its too the point where I'm starting too feel like I can actually feel the mass. If i lay a certain way. Or if I'm having a lot of swelling. I'm so tired if having surgery. Ive had a surgery every year for the past 8 years. Sometimes multiple surgeries in one year. I watched my life, friends, and family disappear... Idk wat too do anymore!!

(reply to Anonymous)

I had heavy bleeding (1 of the most absorbent extra large pads you can buy) had to change every 20 - 30 minutes 24 hours a day/night and my cycle was opposite normal 2-3 days no period 26-30 days period. I found an OB/GYN who was willing to listen and ordered tests until we found the problem.Ultra sounds both external and internal and more then 3 of each done at different times of the month.CT scan and an MRI (MRI was a little hard but worth it).This started at age 15 and 1 month before I turned 30 I had everything removed.A total hysterectomy with tubes and ovaries. There were fibroid cysts on and in everything.The endometriosis covered my entire abdominal cavity. All told just from surgery I lost 50#.I didn't want kids so for me it was a perfect fix.
You sound so much like me I wondered if you were writing my bio.I was a nursing student at the top of my class and was forced to quit due to health problems including GYN issues. I have Fibromyalgia and JRA.I wish I could say life turned out great or like I imagined but it didn't. I worked retail for 9 years until I couldn't do it anymore.Birth control helped me be able to function during this time. FYI I now get SSI/SSD every month and while I liked working but my body just refuses to comply.
You want kids so I have 1 weird suggestion try seeing a Doc who deals with infertility. I have a cousin (huge extended family) who works at a fertility clinic and has seen women have kids using IVF with no ovaries,just a uterus.
When having a kid make sure it's an idea you have thought out. If you do manage to get pregnant without doing anything to treat the ovary issues you may have the baby but chances are you won't be around to raise it. I had an aunt and a cousin who wanted a baby and were dealing with these same issues. They both had the baby of their dreams but died shortly after because the pregnancy was too much for their bodies to handle. If you need someone to talk to who's walked in those same painful shoes just reply back.

Hello Hun I found 2 years ago or so I got endmetrisios , for 5 years before than doctors said it was all kinds things but none of meds was working . My oldest sister found out she had endmetrisios years before I found I did , and keep telling me it was endmetrisios .. When my first surgery 2 years ago Doctor said I had mass of amount in female area and mass amount in colon . Just wanted you to know your not alone , but I completely understand how doctors are and treat us . I just had 2 nd surgery March 9 2016 , and I got more issues now than I did before either surgerys . Your be in my prays ....
Amber

Hi,
I know how painful it is. I was going through a similar situation. But ever since I tried Endovan medicine I have felt 10 times better. After a couple months I felt like I was able to continue pursuing me dreams. I'm still working on having kids, but I have higher hopes now.

Anonymous

can endo kill you

Anonymous

Hi im derion and like the hospital had said i was dignosed with endo. And that the reason for my pain in my left side lower then the hip and like major pain on my period it last sometimes up to. Ten days urggg and i have severe crapping and shaaaaarrrrppppp pains im only 19 and this has been happening horrifcally that i lost my job from it and it is getting so painful idk what todo i cant afford insurance and the state wont help az an i have no clue what to do i feel so dam alone and always in pain it hurts so severe and the bloating looks like im preganat and im prusuing modeling and i want this fixed plus one day i would love to have kids they said i really have no chance even tho i only noticed i have had it for a couple of months one of my only dreams is to have children of my own in like five years or so ugghh HELP!!!

Endometriosis

Endometriosis Guide