ask: Can you die directly or indirectly from endometriosis?

Years of pain and multiple surgeries.

Anonymous

Hello I've been suffering with Endometriosis for about 3yrs now! I've already had two cisist removed one off each ovary. They were a little bigger than baseballs. Ever since that surgery I have experienced non stop pain. Litterly since the day I woke from that surgery! It horrible.!! I've been telling my doctors for about year now of the pain I've been having and how it hasn't stopped they finally told me I have another mass on my ovary. Now they want to remove my ovary. I'm only 20 years old. And I've litterly had too give up on all my dreams in life. I had too drop out of high school get my GED. I had to quit nursing school. And now I see no way of reaching my goal of becoming a pediatrician. If I'm always in the bed balled up in ball. The only thing I have left that I absolutely want is too have kids... I've already had these cisist come on both ovaries. I'm scared if they take this ovary. Another will come on the other ovary. And they'll want too take that one next!! I feel my family is no longer by my side. I've been going through health issues basically my whole life. I get they're tired. But I'm the one suffering. I have no one too turn too. No one too understand. I've lost all of my friends due too my illnesses. Because I can't be social as I used too be. Its just me. My doctors are tired of seeing my face. But out of all these ppl who's supposed to be in my corner. No one can possibly be more tired of this. Than I am!!! They Dont have to go through what I've been through. Or feel the pain that I feel... Now its to the point that I refuse to have this surgery until I have a baby! Which isn't working. This mass has grew 3times in the past 3months. Its too the point where I'm starting too feel like I can actually feel the mass. If i lay a certain way. Or if I'm having a lot of swelling. I'm so tired if having surgery. Ive had a surgery every year for the past 8 years. Sometimes multiple surgeries in one year. I watched my life, friends, and family disappear... Idk wat too do anymore!!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am very sorry to hear this. It sounds like you have reached a crisis point in your life with respect to your health. 

If you think that pregnancy may be impossible for you, you can have eggs removed and stored for later use. 

You may also have to face further surgeries due to your condition - that's a really unfortunate fact and I think it's very unfair for a young woman to have to deal with something like this. It may come down to having serious surgery (with serious consequences) like a hysterectomy and not being able to bear your own children ; although they will be biologically yours if you retain your eggs. 

You are dealing with a lot, Anon. I think you really need to sit down and have a meeting with your doctor. Not about the next surgery but about the plan for your lifetime - including specifics about what your body is and isn't capable of doing.  About what is really necessary to stop these huge and frequent regrowths. 

Anon, can you do this? 

You also need to talk with your doctors about pain management as this should not ruin your chances to get into medical school and/or have a career you love.  

Can you make an appointment, Anon?

talitha17 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hello, Susan. My name is Shanell by the way. Thank you for replying... And yes I can make an appointment with my doc. I am on a very extensive pain management treatment already. I have already spoke with my ob/gyn. And my family doc. Concerning other options other than surgery. And what effects of me getting pregnant will this have on the baby and myself. And all of these things. Basically they really Dont see another alternative for me other than surgery. Which I'm really just not trying too hear. And the endo. Isn't the only issue that's holding me back from my career. I have a skin condition, and nerve damage as well. The skin condition its self is very painful. And I have too under go multiple surgeries for that as well. Its because of all of these surgeries I have nerve damage. So hopefully you can understand why I am just too the point where I'm done having surgery. I had all these surgeries thinking it would help and I would get better. But my conditions just come back and seem too be worse. So surgery for me isn't a option. At this time. I'm physically, mentally, and I would probably even say spiritually exhausted from all of this. Although I do realize I can't run from this surgery for long. Time is just not on my side. Especially after I found out how fast this mass is growing. But I'm just very skeptical about this. Because for every condition I have and every surgery I had that was supposed too help. I can't even say cure. Because it seem like I have all the conditions without a cure! Lol; but they didn't help. I go through all that extra pain too end up worse than I started. So me losing my ovary. And still having this condition when I wake up! And I end up having too have an entire hysterectomy. And I can't bare my own children. Is a nightmare for me!! I'm sorry to be so negative. I've lost my positive mind set concerning this. I have to think about all the possibilities. Negative and positive. Its just so frustrating...

Anonymous (reply to talitha17)

Hi Shanell
I am a sufferer of endo too... recently diagnosed n operated. after that i was put on danazol for 3 months (but my doc stopped at 2 months bec she said my scan was normal) but my pain was still there.. she didnt know d reason n asked me to see an osteo.. he put me on calcium n vit e.. i m already on vit d bec of thyroid condition also diagnosed almost d same time.. anyways.. i m now on novelon for 3 wks after that.. she asked me to conceive immediately.. n once my preg is over.. she is planning to put me on birth control pills again for preventing endo.. m planning to cut it out.. coz ther is no cause known for endo in allopathy but a clr cause in ayurveda.. m planning to take a try on it after my preg.. have started to exercize a little now.. like taking walks.. n all but not so vigorous.. n that helps somewat.. y dont u try n switch to ayurveda n see if that works for u..

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to talitha17)

Shanell, you are not being negative at all-

You have very serious health problems and you're very young. Anyone would be really down going through what you are going through. You are going through medical issues that nobody your age (or any age) should have to deal with. 

I do understand your reluctance for more surgery. How much can one person take?

Shanell, are you getting any kind of counseling? 

talitha17 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hello, Susan, thank you for replying... I told my doctor many times that I need a Therapist... So he sent me too psychiatrist. That I saw once! And haven't been back too see. Mostly because his office is too far. And me and riding in cars let alone driving is a painful task. And I just didn't get a good vibe from the doc. I didn't feel comfortable. Which is why I wanted too try this out.

HI Anon

I agree - a therapist and patient need to have a good chemistry in order for therapy to work. 

Try your best to find someone much closer.  

Are you taking anything for the pain?

talitha17 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hello Susan, yes I'm on a very strong pain management plan. Morphine and percocet... Its very tiring. I hate taking all these meds... I've tried everything there is too try.

Hi again! 

Morphine and percocet are very strong pain meds. I'm sure you know there are addictive properties in these meds. Not suggesting at all that you will get addicted to them but just know they are serious business. Don't drink when on this stuff. 

However, pain meds are there for a reason and since you are in so much pain, use as prescribed. 

I wish I had better news or better advice for you - but know that I am (or we are) here for you anytime. Do check into local therapy, ok?

talitha17 (reply to Susan Cody)

Yeah, I'm very aware of the addictive properties in these meds... Which is very frightening for me... Because I've been taking these meds for years... So I already know that Im dependent on them. But for me its suffer or take the meds and get the little relief that they give... And I thank you so much Susan for ALL of your help, and Advice!! I really appreciate it!

Endometriosis

Endometriosis Guide

Have you ever been diagnosed with endometriosis?: