Endometriosis

Endometriosis Guide

ask: Can you die directly or indirectly from endometriosis?

Years of pain and multiple surgeries.

Anonymous

can endo kill you

Anonymous

Hi im derion and like the hospital had said i was dignosed with endo. And that the reason for my pain in my left side lower then the hip and like major pain on my period it last sometimes up to. Ten days urggg and i have severe crapping and shaaaaarrrrppppp pains im only 19 and this has been happening horrifcally that i lost my job from it and it is getting so painful idk what todo i cant afford insurance and the state wont help az an i have no clue what to do i feel so dam alone and always in pain it hurts so severe and the bloating looks like im preganat and im prusuing modeling and i want this fixed plus one day i would love to have kids they said i really have no chance even tho i only noticed i have had it for a couple of months one of my only dreams is to have children of my own in like five years or so ugghh HELP!!!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Derion

Can you apply for Medicaid in your state? If you have no job/income, you should qualify. If you cannot work due to this condition, you may qualify for a disability benefit of some kind. Please check with your state's welfare office again!

Thank u so much for the info and i will try again az is really strict on who gets medical or not

Angelica

Welcome to EmpowHER!  I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with this at such a young age and that your in pain.  What type of surgery did you have? I've had endro since I was your age and I've had a child so it is possible to have kids.  Have you mentioned to your doctors that you would like to have kids in the future?  If not, make sure you share with him/her your concerns so they can do their best to make your dreams come true in the future.

Again, I'm so sorry your are dealing with all this and still in pain from your surgery.  I want you to know you are not alone and you have a community of women here at EmpowHER to help you along the way.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Best in health,

Angelica

Anonymous

hi im 17 today i had surgery and i was diagnosed with this im scared because im to young i dream of having kids in the future but with this i dont know about that option surgery was painful

Angelica

How long ago did you have your procedure? Can you be a little more specific on your symptoms (example bloating, sharp pain,etc)?
Thanks,
Angelica

Anonymous

how long does it take for symptoms to reapper after a laparoscapy i recently had surgery for this and it seems like im still in pain i started my first period since my surgey but i only spotted and it went away is this normal

We travelled out of state to vital health in san jose, ca for our teenage daughter's surgery. It took her about 3 months after surgery for the pain to subside. She is currently also attending pelvic floor therapy. I would highly recommend pelvic floor therapy as part of your endo treatment plan.

Angelica (reply to Anonymous)

I'm glad your daughter is doing better! I agree, pelvic floor therapy has also helped me out - especially with the spasms.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Angelica

Have you ever been diagnosed with endometriosis?: