can you get pregnant from starting new pack of birth control late?

I have been taking 21 pack of mircogestin since June. I took my last pill of my 21 pack last Friday at 6:00 pm like I usually do and got my period last Saturday night. I was supposed to start my new pack after my 7 day break so that would be this Friday. unfortunately due to problems with my insurance I still have not started my new pack and had unprotected sex on Friday and last night. my boyfriend finished inside of me last night. plan on starting my new pack today at 6:00 pm like I always do. am I still protected? should I take plan b or just start my new pack tomorrow like nothing? please help! I am so worried!

You are not protected if you are not taking the pill. You need to consider taking Plan B if you don't want to get pregnant as birth control has been out of your system for about 10 days. Always use a condom when not on birth control. We can't say what your chances of pregnancy are but there is some risk.

Talk to your pharmacist about your options. Read more about emergency contraception here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...