Cause for a 2 week long, light period?

My cycles have always been regular, with my periods lasting around 3 to 4 days. Some cramps, but nothing severe. Bleeding isn't too light or too heavy. But this month, I started on the 2nd and it's the 17th and I'm still bleeding very lightly. The entire period has been very light. Like if I change my tampon every 4 hours there may be nothing on it, or just a couple of faint spots. I'm not on birth control, and there is no possibility of being pregnant. I've never experienced this kind of period before.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowhER with your question!

Sounds like you may have some sort of hormonal imbalance going on. How old are you? If you're over 40, you may be entering perimenopause which often starts with irregular bleeding.

You can read more about that here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

Some simple blood tests can let you know where you stand with your hormones and you should also be checked for fibroids or cysts - these can also cause unusual bleeding.