chlamydia and oral sex

I had oral sex with a guy in December and I swallowed the sperm. I am now nervous I might have chlamydia just because I have been reading up on it. How likely is it for me to have chlamydia ?

Hi Coco123456

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

Oral sex and swallowing a man's sperm is really unsafe sex, especially if he is someone you are not in a committed relationship with.

There are several different diseases you can get from oral sex but just because you happen to read about it doesn't mean you have anything. However, chlamydia, gonorrhea, HPV, herpes, HIV and syphilis can all be gotten from oral sex. Oftentimes there are no symptoms and it seems you have no symptoms.

I would advise you to get tested if you have any concerns about this. Schedule an appointment with your doctor.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide