Citracal with vit-D seems to be irritating my bladder.

My rheumatologist advised me to take citracal, as I was recently diagnosed with RA, but it is irritating my bladder since I also have IC. Is there anything I can do? Will other suppliments counteract the effect?

Hi Anonymous

I looked this up on Drugs.com and Epocrates, and I don't see any contraindication or caution regarding interstitial cystitis. That being said, you know your body so if you are having a problem with it I suggest discussing it with your rheumatologist. There are other brands of calcium with D available, and they are formulated differently so maybe you could tolerate one of the other calcium and D supplements.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but please let us know what the rheumatologist says, as it may help others. Good luck and thank you for writing.

Interstitial Cystitis

Interstitial Cystitis Guide