condom broke

By Anonymous January 6, 2014 - 8:27am

My partner and I always use condoms, we dont believe in any other birth control methods, just yesterday the condom broke completely for the first time. I was supposed to get my period anytime yesterday, today and possibly tomorrow, but since the condom broke yesterday I also took the plan b just to be safe. My concern is if I should worry about getting this perios or next months period? I have no idea what to do... in my mind im thinking well as long as I get my period ill be fine, but is that even the case? The last 2 to 3 days ive had minor cramps like I usually do so im waiting on my period now.

If you had unprotected sex right before your period is due, your risk is extremely low. Plan B (which is the same as birth control pills, just a much larger dose) can cause irregular bleeding so bear this in mind.

You can take a pregnancy test in about 14 days - we can't guarantee anything but your risk is so low that I don't think you have too much to worry about!

Has this helped?

Thank u this really helps a lot I feel better knowing that my chances are very low, just the fact that this had never happened freaked me out a lot thank u so much... crossing my fingers for my period