Q: 

Condom used without breakage, but period is late. Should I worry?

By Anonymous December 28, 2014 - 8:55am

I am 18 and had sex for the first time a couple of weeks ago two nights in a row. We used a condom both times and checked for breaks, even going as far as pouring water into the used condom to be sure. We found no leakage, but I am a day late for my usually regular period. I use a period planning app and we were intimate on days that were projected as fertile for me, but the only way I would have had vaginal contact with semen is if the condom broke. We never once went in without one or got his penis close to my vagina when he had preejaculate. I had my normal PMS symptoms earlier last week such as increased appetite, mood swings, and mild cramps, but have yet to start. There was a slight tenderness of my nipples which is pretty uncommon for me, though it is a period symptom for some. I have been peeing frequently, but I think it's because I'm really on edge and continuously checking for any sight of blood. My breasts feel a little bigger, but I could also be psyching myself out; I am very paranoid and worried. I was not on any birth control and I don't plan to have sex again until I am, due to the stressful and worrying fear of not knowing like now. I was very stressed due to finals at the beginning of the month, and my last period carried over into this month a day or two longer than usual. It was also a heavier and longer period than usual in general. I've researched a lot and know I am most likely late due to the fact that I'm stressing and worrying about it so much, but I would like some advice to help put me at ease. I know I'm not very late yet, but I'm just very scared because I don't know how I could cope with a pregnancy at this time in my life. When should I worry enough to take a test and how many should I take to be sure that I'm ok?

Anonymous

I am 20 years old, I had sex with my boyfriend twice this month and we use condoms everytime, my boyfriend always checks for breakage and none of them broke. However, I am 8 days late for my period, this isn't the first time my period has been very late, but either way I am very stressed about the possibility of becoming pregnant. I have not noticed any pregnancy symptoms, but i do have on and off cramping yet I have no period. Any advice to help relieve my stress and anxiety? Thanks.
-Anon.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stress could be causing the delay. Try your best to relax and your period should start.

Anonymous

last period: june 20th
predicted ovulation: july 6th
had sex: july 13th and 15th
both times we used a condom and he pulled out before ejaculation and we checked for breakage using water on the 15th but not the 13th. my period was supposed to come on july 20th (according to a period tracking app i have) but it is currently july 24th and there's still no period. today is day 35 of my cycle and my usual cycle is 31 days. on july 21st i noticed 2 small dots of spotting and i started to panic because i think this might be implantation bleeding. on july 22nd i took a first response home pregnancy test it came out negative. i am really stressed and there's still no period. could i be pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you gotten your period?

Anonymous

I have something to ask because last may 15 me and my girlfriend had protected sex and this month her period is not yet arrive but she took pregnancy test , is she pregnant ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

What was the result?

Anonymous

Hello,
My boyfriend and I had protected sex, but my period is 8 days late. There was no leakage or breakage in the condom as we checked it afterwards multiple times just to be sure. I am usually very regular with my periods (28 day cycle) and use a calendar to know when they are coming and they are usually right on time, but may be a day or two off which is not a big deal. I am very stressed because tomorrow will be the 9th day with my period being MIA. I am worried because I keep expecting it to make an appearance, but nothing. I have taken about 6 home pregnancy tests, different brands even, and all turned out to be negative. I plan on taking another in the morning because I know that is when hormone levels will be the highest. If someone could give me insight that would be great because I am stressed and second guessing everything, which could be delaying my period even more. I am very regular as I said before so being almost 9 days late is very scary.
Thank you to anyone who responds to this.

Did you ever get your period?

Anonymous

Hi. I am going on my 10th day of my period being MIA, and I am never late. My boyfriend and I used protection and there was no breakage or leakage as we looked it over. I have taken about 6 home pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I am going to test again in the morning which would be the 10th day as I stated earlier. Please help and give me some insight. I am super stressed about it and worried because there are so many possibilities. I have had slight cramping but no other symptoms and am just waiting for Aunt Flow to arrive. The latest I have ever been is about 7 days and that was a couple of months ago. I am regular with my periods and healthy so I have no idea what is happening. Thank you.

Did you ever receive your period?

Tags: