By June 28, 2016 - 4:18pm

I've only gotten a second line on a home pregnancy test after the 10 minute time limit. (The line was colored or colorless) I know you are not supposed to read the results after that time, but I read that early on in a pregnancy the second line takes a while to show up, what if I'm actually pregnant? I also read that home pregnancy test are qualitative test and not quantitative test so it would give me a negative result after a while when my hcg is too high. I don't know what to do. What are some ways to know for sure if you are pregnant or not without a blood test? Can you feel your abdomen like doctors do to tell? Plus, I had sex on the last day of my period in March. Since the egg was already shed and I don't ovulate right away so the sperm won't survive for 5 days to fertilize it does that mean that my chance at becoming pregnant was highly unlikely right??? I was also on birth control around this time and I cant remember if I took it the night before or 100% consistent. I never got a second line right away it was always after about 2 hours.

Hi Diya99!

Are you getting regular periods? Why do you think you may be pregnant? Are you late?

Your best bet is to take a digital home pregnancy test. They cleared state "pregnant" or "not pregnant" on the window rather than interpreting lines. My advice is to take one.

I've had two periods that came on time since then. I had a third period that was supposed to come on a Saturday but didnt start spotting to begin my period until Monday evening. The period lasted 7 days but on the forth day it stopped then started again it was told that this is normal. The bleeding was fairly heavy it seemed like a normal period expect for the fact that it started late and the stopping on the fourth day. It thnk my stomach is getting bigger and I think Im feeling some fluttering in my stomach. At this point I would be 15 weeks pregnant. I dont think my cervix is raising as high. This cycle it felt VERY open. I had blood in my eggwhite cervical mucus from the cycle in May before my June period. I was told that this means you are extremely fertile especially if there's blood in it. If the bloody egg white cervical mucus indicates ovulation then this means that I may not be pregnant. Maybe I would just have to find a way to get the digital pregnancy test, but that's hard in my situation. P.s. I had irregular periods before starting birth control so maybe my cycle is going back to it's irregular self. I've only tracked the mucus for 3 cycles and when it had the blood it was 100% percent clear and stretchy lasting for 2 days . The times before it was mixed with whitish stuff this cycle I barely saw any ewcm.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Diya99)

It doesn't matter if a period is a few days late, it's still a period. So you've had three periods since sex. I cannot see how you could be pregnant but we can't say any more than that. You'll either need to get a digital test or see a doctor. Planned Parenthood can really help you, I'm sure there is one in your area.

I've purchased a CVS brand digital pregnancy test and the result said "Not Pregnant." Are the results from digital pregnacy test more accurate than the home pregnancy test with the two lines so I can be sure that I'm definitely not pregnant? I still feel like my stomach is big and I think I still feel the fluttering, should I just let go of this?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Diya99)

Hi again!

These tests are just as accurate as tests that show two lines. All these tests are about 99% accurate.

As to your swollen stomach/fluttering - this could be a digestive issue. I don't think you are ready to let go so my advice is to seek the counsel of a gynecologist.