Constant Brown Spotting!!

Hey, I have been having this constant brown spotting for over 4 years now. It started as 1 week then turned in to 2 now i don't have a day without spotting. I have been on birth control since it started. I can't remember exactly when it started but once it did all my Doctor did was switch my Birth Control Pills. I have probably been on 3 or 4 different pills before he recommended I see a gyno. The gyno switched my to another pill then finally suggested I get an IUD. That helped a little but then it just went back to 1 week period, I week nothing then 2 weeks spotting, or brown discharge. After about 6 months on the IUD it started getting worse and my gyno suggested I try going off birth control to see if it goes back to how it was before I went on it in the first place which was normal! I have now been off BC for 3 months and it is the worst it has ever been! In the three months i think i have had 6 days of no spotting or period. I have had all the test done and the only thing is low iron and one other low number on some sort of something to do with a blood disorders but he said he was going to refer my to a hematologist but that was 3 months ago and haven't heard anything since!
Please Help!!!
I can't stand it any more

Thanks for writing and how frustrating for you that you are bleeding daily (no wonder your iron is low - this may be a symptom, not a cause so I hope your doc is continuing to look into this) and getting no answers.

I think it's a good idea to see the specialist mentioned but it looks like you are going to have to chase your doctor down for a referral again, which is ridiculous, but you'll just have to call and tell him it has been three months with no update from him. At best, something happened with your paperwork, at worst he's an irresponsible doctor or has irresponsible staff. Tell him that no-one should be expected to wait this long.

A D&C could be an option for you or something called Her Option. Here are links to both

D&C - http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/dilation-and-curettage

Her Option: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/has-anyone-had-her-option-cryo-ablation-procedure-done-heavy-bleedingpms-cramps-i-had-?page=2

I'm not saying you should have these procedures done but along with the specialist suggested to you, these are things you want to explore.

Please contact your doctor again and let us know how things are going,