Constant UTI's

For as long as I can remember I have suffered from UTI's, starting from around the age of 12. I never used to get them very frequently until I became sexually active. Obviously then it would flare up and I would get given antibiotics by my GP. After a few times I figured out that urinating after having sex would usually limit my chances of getting a UTI. However the older I get the more frequent my UTI's get.
I'm currently not even sexually active and I will still always have minor UTI symptoms. I constantly feel slightly uncomfortable and usually I won't allow myself to go to the bathroom unless I know I have had plenty of water, otherwise I know it will flare up and I'll have a proper UTI. I can't use Tampons during my period either, otherwise that usually makes it worse too.

So whilst I'm keeping these precautions to avoid having it flare up, It's still frustrating that I always have a slight uncomfortable burning pain that I've just had to get used to over the years.
Is there any more extreme measures to go to relieve the pain all together? Antibiotics have never worked and I take Cranberry pills when it's more uncomfortable than normal.
I am on the pill however I have also been on the Bar and used NuvaRings and neither of those made a difference.
I just want to know if anyone knows of basically a "cure" even though i know there is no real cure, but something pretty close.
Or perhaps if someone has had similar issues and it turned out to be something else?

Thanks :)

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're dealing with this, I know how miserable UTI's are and to have them all the time is unacceptable.

We have spoken with many readers who have had success from one method or another. I encourage you to read their stories here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/nearly-constant-urinary-tract-infections

Let us know what you think!