could i be pregnant?

By October 21, 2009 - 8:10am

ok so 3 months befor aug 26th 2009 i didnt have my period. then aug 26th came had a period it only last intil the 30th so 5 days and my period is always on time and last for 7 days. well after that i didnt have another period intil oct 17th and the 20th came and i was off by 6am then at 2am i had sex and it came back but it was not red it was orange so could yo help me out here please?

yes i have took a home pregnancy test and it had an + and a line i looked over that paper ant that was a yes cause if it was a no it would of only been a line and my period was not a real period cause when i started it was not a red blood. and i use to use almost a hole pack of pads when i was bleeding ive only used like 5 and it was never full and my period is now over it has been over since 11pm last night and now iam feeling sick to my tummy. and i found out from my mom that she had periods when she was pregnant with me my sisters and my brother the hole time she was prgnant she didnt even know she was pregnant with one of my sisters intil she was 5 months along.....

(reply to lil mama 2009)

Lil Mama,

So, you're saying you're pregnant! Congratulations!

have you made a doctor's appointment yet? You really need to have a blood test at the doctor's office to get this confirmed and to get you started on good prenatal care, and to find out for sure when you're due. That's especially important since your mom had the experience of having months of periods while she was pregnant!!

And again, congratulations!!

Hi lil mama,

What do you define as a "real" period? Your other periods may last 7 days but a period lasting 5 days is a real period. Period lengths may vary and last anywhere between 3-10 days.

Since you're concerned about the previously skipped months, have you tried taking a home pregnancy test?

Keep us updated.

well once again its still not a real period.

well ever since i had sex last night i have still been bleeding so i guess iam not pregnant and noi didnt have a period for May.

Hi Lil mama

I actually just need to clarify a few things first. You said "three months before August, I didn't have my period". Does this mean you skipped your period for the month of May? And then after August, you also skipped September?

You said your period is usually regular but it doesn't seem like it is - at least not this year. I am not sure what the orange discharge is but I suspect it may be a combination of old residue from the period you just had, mixed with sperm.

Have you taken a pregnancy test? If your period is this irregular (for the past 6 months or so) you may be at risk for pregnancy. When you had sex, was it unprotected? If you had unprotected sex yesterday and you don't wish to become pregnant, take Plan B today. It's an over the counter pill that can help prevent a pregnancy. It's not a guarantee but the success rate is high enough that it's worth taking it. It's one simple pill and you need to take it today.

You also may want to try a birth control pill to regulate your cycle so you don't have such irregularly and worry. Talk to your doctor about why your cycle has changed so (you may want a blood test to check your hormones) and discuss your options.

Will you keep us updated?