Could I be pregnant

By November 3, 2015 - 7:45pm

Had unprotected sex like many encounters throughout the night and then an hour just before taking the pill levonelle we had another encounter all these where within a 24 hour mark. At what point do I start counting the effectiveness of the pill from the first encounter or the last one. Is taking the pill an hour after too soon. This also happened about 2 days before my period now I'm on day 3 since I took the pill and am having terrible cramps but the period has not come. What are the chances of not being pregnant. How many more days can I wait.

Hi PMuchinouta254

The earlier your take the medication in question the better so your risk is about 85% lower than if you didn't take it. You should have taken it after sex but it should still be quite effective.

A common side effect can be cramping, bleeding or that the next period is irregular which may be the case with you. Since you had sex at the end of your cycle, your risk of pregnancy is extremely low but if you don't get your period after 21 days, a pregnancy test will be accurate.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the hope. My period finally came through with some heavy cramping, but we'll just glad it did.

Will be more careful next time.

Thank you. Guess will try and be patient for 21 days...i had assumed from some previous readings that I should have the period within 5 days. The cramping is so bad...and today it has been intense.

I really do hope that the pill does work. I will surely come back and inform.