could I be pregnant?

By February 29, 2016 - 8:34pm

my boyfriend and I recently decided to have sex. the first times we used protection but two times we did not. after these I've been very bloated. my lower belly makes weird sounds every once in a while and it's hard. sometimes the bloating goes down. I'm kinda worried because I'm only 17. please help. my period isn't due until two more weeks but I'm really worried. I understand that getting a pregnancy test will be the answer but I can't go buy one at the moment.

Hi bella4501!

If the last time you had sex was recent (within 4/5 days) then you can take emergency contraception but if you cannot buy a test right now then you won't be able to purchase contraception.

A test would not be accurate now, in any case, as it's far too early to tell. You will have to wait two weeks to test if you don't get your period first. It's far too early for symptoms of pregnancy as you'd only be ovulating now, since it's mid-cycle. Your symptoms sounds like a digestive issue.

Unprotected sex is how women get pregnant so if you want to avoid pregnancy you need to use a condom 100% of the time. There is nothing much you can do but wait.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/how-sex-works