Could I be pregnant?

By September 14, 2016 - 10:32am

I had sex in early July. I have not had sex since that day. Since then i have had two periods. Now my period is a week late. I have taken two at home pregnancy tests. Both came up negative. Could i still be pregnant even though i have had two periods since the last time i had sex?

Hi Superstar27

A woman does not have menstrual bleeding when pregnant. She can bleed but she does not have menstrual bleeding as this means the uterine lining has been shed and a baby cannot survive that.

So since you have had two periods since and a negative pregnancy test (these tests are 99% accurate when taken correctly) you are not pregnant.

Your period may be delayed due to recent changes in lifestyle, diet or even stress. Slight hormonal changes or a change in body chemistry (all normal) can also change the cycle. I'm sure it will along when it's ready but you can relax about pregnancy.