Could I be pregnant even though I'm on the pill?

I have been on the pill timely and faithfully for about a year now and I have not been having protected sex at all. My period has always come within the days of the inactive pills and I would have a heavy flow and the blood clot things. I had unprotected sex on the day before my last active pill and on the second day of my inactive pill, I had light pink blood that only showed when I wiped. This went on into the third day of my inactive pill. On the fourth day, today, the blood was a deep red and it was a little thicker so I put on a pad. I had VERY bad cramps at one point during the day but as the day went on, the blood was less and the pad doesn't have much on it either. I have also been very gassy as of today and there have been no clumps in the blood at all. I'm not really WORRIED about pregnancy because I do understand that's what happens when you have unprotected sex and I am in a loving relationship but some thoughts on the matter would be very helpful because I don't want to say anything to him to excite him and it turns out to be nothing.

Thank for your post!

When you say you had "unprotected sex" what do you mean by that? Being on the pill without missing pills means that you are protected from sex so pregnancy isn't really possible even if you normally use a condom. You are also protected from pregnancy during the placebo week when you aren't taking any active pills, regardless of condom use.

Periods can often get lighter the longer you are on the Pill but you still bled at the usual time so I don't think you have anything to worry about.