Could I be pregnant or is something crazy happening with my menstrual cycle?

What would make my cycle lighter and last shorter days? I am not on birth control, but my menstrual cycles seem to be getting lighter and lasting shorter periods. My cycles use to last 7-8 days, but this month and last they have been cut short. Looks like I stopped 3 days into the cycle last month and then started back the next day. And this month. I started a little earlier, instead of going 28 days with no period, I went 26 days. I was heavy the first two days and after that my cycle was sooo light that I began using the very thin padding. By the fourth or fifth day I had no cycle. What would be causing my menstrual cycle to be cut short? I know this time, when I stopped flowing early I felt as if I was going to start on my cycle which was weird because in actuality I should have still been on my cycle. I'm worried. Does anyone have any suggestions about what may be going on with me and why? Has anyone experience what I'm going through? Could I be pregnant? I took a EPT pregnancy test right after my cycle stopped and it tested negative. I don't feel pregnant, but I surely stay sleepy alot. I could sleep all day if I had the time to. I have heard that you can be pregnant when you are on your cycle. I have never had wrong pregnancy test results. I have also been a little nauseous, but usually at night and not so much morning.

If it will make you feel any better, try a second test. That's what will normally happen when you have yourself checked by your gyne anyway.

Other than that, you need to fill in the void asked by SusanC above.

Anonymous (reply to Brock)

Yeah, i have thought of taking a second test, but I think that I will wait. I just may not be pregnant. I don't really feel pregnant. I know that when you have had your first child and you are pregnant again, you just know that your are pregnant with your second or third child. I believe that I am be very sleepy because my son is sleeping with me until the paint smell is gone from his room. Maybe once he goes back to his room, I will not be so sleepy. My breast have been sensitive to touch and seem to be a little fuller, but I have picked up just a little bit of weight. All of these things are somewhat normal when its cycle time. So I will wait and see. Wait and see if I have those late nights or early mornings when I have those menstrual cycle PAINS from HELL! and that is when I will TRULY know that I am pregnant. What is up with that anyhow? That pain is worse than having a child. I will never forget when I was first pregnant. I thought I was dying, I was terrified to think what was wrong with me. It wasn't until I missed my period that I knew that I may be pregnant, but that pain that occurs in the middle of the night or early morning can send you to the emergency room.

Dear Anon

It doesn't seem like you are pregnant so let's talk about other reasons why your cycle may be changing.

Have you had children? Our cycle often changes after children and some women find they have a very heavy period for two days and then it's gone after day 3 whereas before kids they had a 5-6 day period.

Age also changes our cycle - how old are you?

Has anything else changed with you in terms of medications, diet, exercise or stress levels?

I have a four year old child. I didn't want to go there, but I was pregnant in January. In April I had begun to take birth control, but they were making me sick, so I didn't get very far with those and stopped taking them. I did begin having issues with my cycle at that time, but that stopped and my cycle was back to normal. It wasn't until recently that my cycle began to do all this funny stuff.

And like you I have heard that after pregnancy a woman's cycle can go from 7-8 days to 4-5 days. My aunt stated that happened to her and I thought well...what happened with me. After my first child my cycle stayed the same.

I'm not old. I am just 30 years of age. I wouldn't think that just because I'm 30 this would be happening. Although, I have begun to grow hair in places I shouldn't like the bottom of my chin and underneath the chin (just one strand). I hate that! I thought I would be quite old when that begun.

As for changes in my life; I am not on any medications, my diet and my lack of exercise is about the same. The fact that JP Morgan Chase keeps calling me to death concerning my Student Loan isn't helping much with my stress level. Keep telling them I am in school and the school is trying to give them the necessary information to inform that I am enrolled there (and the payment is only 15 days late and they began calling me just a couple of days after the bill was due. That's Stressful) And then there is HFC who is driving me crazy as well. I am paying them, but because I am not paying them the amount they want, they keep calling. So finances are driving me NUTS! and are probably adding to my stress level. There is also my boyfriend, who I don't get to see as often as I would like and sometimes, I just kind of wonder about him...if you get my drift. So I am stressed, but my stress level could be worse. I've been there and I have seen others in worse condition. You think that could be the reason for my cycle changing?