Cycle length

By July 30, 2010 - 5:08am

Hi,My last period started was the 2nd july lasting about 5 days,i want to know when my next one is due but i havnt a clue how long my cycle is?Please help Thanks Kathy

Hi Kathy!

A 'normal' cycle is about 28 days so if we going by averages, your next period should be around today (today meaning you have a perfect 28 day cycle)- but give or take several days as many women don't have that exact 28 day rhythm. Most women go between 24-32 days or somewhere in between.

Kathy, have you just started to get your periods now? Would you like some help understanding how the menstrual cycle works? Check out our Menstrual Cycle page here for lots of information : http://www.empowher.com/condition/menstrual-cycle

Can we help in any other way?

Thank you for replying to my question.No,i started my periods when i was in my teens im 28 now,but i have never understood my cycle,sounds silly i know.When i was growing up they were irregular,then i tried lots of different contraceptives and i have 3 children so i always went along with when i get one i get one.I will keep track of them now and i should begin to make sense of it.Thankyou