Is dark brown discharge normal with Microgestin Fe 1/20 ?

By December 2, 2015 - 3:53pm

So 7 days into taking birth control I noticed I had light brown discharge. But now 10 days into it, I got dark brown discharge. I have been sick with vomiting, diarrhea, body aches(most likely the flu) but I want to know if the bleeding is normal or not ?

Hi Geliza

Depending on where you live, there are a lot of flu bugs going around and you may have caught one of them.

But nausea and even vomiting have been reported as side effects to this medication.

About your birth control - some women spot bleed for a few months until their body adjusts to the medication. This is not uncommon. I know it's a pain to deal with because you'll have to wear liners a lot but see what the next few weeks bring.