Delay in periods in 4 days after morning after pill

By Anonymous December 9, 2015 - 2:00am

My gf and i got engaged on dec 5 ...but we dint had a coitua or intercourse..i fingered her hard ..nd my hands were tottally dry ..might have toched my penile parts 2 or 3 times before that but my hands were dry ...she had her periods on november 5 ...suspecting there could be a sperm entry i gave her an morning after pill...nd her periods are now delayed by 4 days is this normal effect of pill i guess she was in last stage of her cycle too...she mentioned once that her periods get delayed sometimes we did get in to fingering stuff ..quite some time but my hands were dried most of the times please help what could possibly be

There was no need to "give her" emergency birth control. For her to get pregnant you would have to ejaculate on your finger and place the sperm on/in her vagina. If your hands were dry there was no need. Just because you touch your penis doesn't mean she will get pregnant.

An irregular cycle is common after taking this medication.

This medication is for emergency purposes. It's a very large dose or hormones that has many side effects. Don't hand it over to take under situations where she can't get pregnant.

Thanks susan...but we have been doing it for a while but just coz i suspected an entry coz i touched some penile parts i had to give it ...so are we safe now ? Is there anything i have to do ? Please advice me

I already gave you all the information you need. And you need to stop giving her this medication on a regular basis, it's not good for her. You need to use a condom.

And is there be anypossibility of lil sperms on penis tip before ejaculation that could cause effective pregnancy ...if touched and nd then fingered ...when could my gf get next period now ...after havingbthat pill she told she generally gets periods delay after every 2 or 3 months by 1 week or so ...nd the last question please if she had her last periods on nov 5 that means her ovalution time is between nov 17 to 25 ryt? That means there shouldnt be any live ovum or egg on dec 5 ..could there be ? Please answer in sequence thank u sussan #!

Sperm on the top of a penis can get a woman pregnant if there is intercourse. Fingering is a very low risk.
I don't know when she will get her period and if she is regular (which she can't be because she keeps taking these pills), she could ovulate on the 15th-19th. I cannot tell you when or on what dates she's ovulating, how would I know this? You need to be realistic on what we can tell you.

Because she keeps taking these emergency pills, we can't help you on dates at all. She needs to go on the birth control pill or you need to use condoms. You can't be this irresponsible and then expect people to give you dates on when a woman will ovulate or get her period.

Nope you are getting me wrong its the first time she had a pill on dec 5 and nothing after that it was a single morning after pill ..."only one pill " and she never had any pill before ...she had normal periods on nov 5th so i supposed that normally ovalution occurs between 12 to 16 th days ...and thats y i asked you wether there could be any live egg possibiliteies on the end days of her period

I do apologize - I have been speaking with several males recently who won't use condoms and then feed their girlfriend these pills like candy to avoid pregnancy. We get these questions dozens of time a day and I got confused!

In essence, it doesn't matter if she was ovulating, not ovulating...emergency contraception is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours. In fact, it only "works" when it stops a pregnancy so it only matters if the woman was ovulating. If she wasn't ovulating, she wouldn't get pregnant anyway.

So her risk is 5% of she was ovulating. It's zero if she wasn't.

Thanks susan ...i do understand ..nd my apologies for repeated questions it was just that i was tensed ...and i wont be giving those pills to her anymore ..and yea we never had an intercourse it was only fingering and that too before ejaculation ...so i hope we are safe any way ? And that her periods might take some more time than usual because of that "first time pill" ? And is there any possibility that she might as well skip her periods because of the pill?

You need to read the side effects that come with the medication. A delay in her next period is possible. There is no need to panic, her system will get back to normal in due time.

So a contraception pill is 95% effective within 24 hours at any phase of a cycle ..that is even if there is an egg already released in uterus after ovalution ? And that is still active ...and is that true that egg cannot survive more than 12 hours ...well this is not my regular question its just for knowledge ...i hope it wont bother you !! Thank you susan !!