By November 1, 2015 - 5:25pm

I recently got the depot shot on October 12 it was about a week or less after my period I had sex with my boyfriend October 30 first with a condom and then he cleaned off and we ended up having sex with out a condom for like 5 or less minutes but he did not ejaculate inside me or at all for that matter nbut I know about pre cm... I have read some things saying of ypou get the shot after your period you have to use protection for the first week to prevent pregnancy and then after that it is effective against preganacy . . . I just want to know if I should be worried, take the plan B pill or something before it is to late or if I can ABSOLUTELY protected against pregnancy here . .

Hi Bria!

We cannot tell anyone they are "absolutely" protected from pregnancy - we'd have to be psychics to do that.

The Depo shot is effective after seven days of getting it, so if you got the shot on Oct 12 and had sex on Oct 30th, you will be fully protected. What you read on the Internet about having to wait 7 days after your period is incorrect. There is no need for more contraception, you are protected. The failure rate of Depo when taken correctly is 1%.

Please look up the Depo shot and understand how it works in your body, so you know what's going on.