A difference in my period

Never have this happen to me before I had my period on time it last five days . Very light first day , second day heavy and a lot of cramps, and lower back pain. This resently started a year ago, before I had no cramping, or back pain and always very modern flow. Iam 39 and my worries are now is that. I had my period on time everything the same as usual heavy , cramping, and lower back pain. After stopping on the fifth day, I noticed two days later I was spotting light red, only when wiping . Later that day it stopped then, that late night I was having adomenal pain went to bathroom no pain while going pee but , the towel water was filled pink and again spotting when I wiped. The next morning I went to the bathroom and I wiped and the blood was now a pink brownish red discharge. Now that it's been three days after stopping my period. I'm having tenderness in my nipples. I've had my tubes tied for 17 yrs. I don't know what's going on . Please help me if you know what's going on with me. Thanks boo boo bear

Since your tubes have been successfully tied for 17 years, I think we can rule out pregnancy. 

Our periods can change for many reasons including diet, over exercising, weight, a shift in hormones or a change in body chemistry. Age is also a factor. As we enter our 40s, our cycles can become more irregular. 

I wouldn't worry too much about this irregular month. It could e just a fluke. 

I know pregnancy would be rare but to ease your mind, take a test if you wish. 

Monitor your cycle for the next few months to see what happens. 

Will you keep us posted?