Do I have a UTI infection or would it be something else?

By Anonymous January 18, 2016 - 2:28am

Hi, I'm a 17 year old female. I have just gotten my period on the 15th January. It came 4 days early. For the past two weeks I have been peeing frequently. In 30mins I would have gone to the toilet at least 4 to 5 times. I get this tingly feeling but when I go to the toilet I pee very little. I am indeed sexually active. I had unprotected sex on the 3rd of January but before then too. I've been sick lately but this frequent peeing has been annoying. What is wrong with me? Do I have a UTI? Because the other day which only happened once, I had a burning feeling while peeing.

Burning when peeing and frequent peeing can certainly indicate an infection of some kind. A UTI needs to be treated sooner rather that later as it could go on to a more serious kidney infection. If it's not a UTI then it could be a different kind of infection that may need medication. Please schedule an appointment.