Do you know anyone with silicon implants and breast cancer from the implants?

I had silicon implants put in when I was 19 years old not knowing what problems I would have later. I am now 45 years old and had a double masectomy on Nov. 3, 2008 and I had 35 lymphnodes removed and 33 were cancerous. What my problem is the only place they found the cancer is where the silicon had leaked. I hired an attorney years ago and I'm now financially in ruins due to medical bills and my health has been aproblem as well as my mental health from constant pain. My family has suferred and I just want Dow-Corning to take care of this problem. Because it not going away. Is there anyone out there who can help me or give me information to get the help I need. Sue Ellen Mankins

Yes, and I started having problems shortly after I got them. I just had them removed along withe cancer on Nov. 3, 2008. Is there anyone else besides myself who has gone through this? Sue Ellen Mankins

Got it. Thanks for getting back to us Sue Ellen. And can you clarify -- did you have implants?

Hey Sue Ellen, thanks so much for sharing your story. Did you have silicon breast implants? What part of the country do you live in? If you live in NYC, you may find this article by Huffington Post writer Marcia Yerman very helpful in finding resources.

If not, let us know and we'll try to find some resources. Please hang in there. Thanks.

Anonymous (reply to Tina Tran)

No, I lived in Texas, Fort Worth. I now live in Jacksonville, Florida. Any feedback would be greatly apprecited. Thank You, Sue Ellen Mankins

Dear Sue

I am so sorry to read about your ordeal which has been going on so long.

The lawsuits with Dow Corning are ongoing but have deadlines.

You can find the information regarding these lawsuits and deadlines here : http://www.dcsettlement.com/home.cfm?agree=9&lang=eng

I hope that your post here is read by other women who have suffered the same issues.

Have you taken part in a class action suit? What happened to your original case?

My original attorney died, Before he passed all his cases were given to a new attorney who told me before I was diagnosed with breast/lymphnodecancer that my aches/pains were not severe enough to be messed with!!! So I now have another attorney who is suppose to be helping me but I'm a little concerned about his asst. she is not very compodent. I've given the same info. over and over and she still has not gotten it correctly to my attorney. I just want to know when does my case get looked at by the courts who do I need to contact ??? I'm very frustrated!!! Thank you for answering me, if you or anyone knows any further information I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank You, Sue Ellen Mankins

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide