Does NuvaRing cause a lowered libido?

I've been trying to find the right birth control option for awhile now...pills make me depressed and lower my libido to an embarrassingly low level. I'm in a relationship and while I was on the pill, some times the thought of having sex is just straight up annoying -- SO NOT ME. I love my boyfriend, I'm attracted to him...I just didn't feel the urge.

I've been off the pill for about 6 weeks now and EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED. I feel like my normal self. But the only problem is now that we have to use condoms. Gross. Hate them. I obviously want a safe and dependable contraception method so what I'm wondering is -- HAS ANYBODY NOTICED LOWERED LIBIDO WITH NUVA RING? It's sort of the only option I have left to try.

I'm sorry you haven't found a birth control option that suits you. It's very frustrating when you are sexually responsible but have horrible side effects. I hope women who have NuvaRing see this post and give you the benefit of their experiences.

As far as NuvaRing goes, it's very reliable. But a decrease in libido is listed as a side effect. To be honest, it's a side effect of nearly all hormonal birth controls. Some women get that side effect, some don't. It's a trial and error thing.

I am linking you to a good article we have on the various methods of birth control and the pros and cons. Let us know what you think!