ask: does skin cancer itches?

By Anonymous December 1, 2011 - 2:07pm

I am always glad to learn something new. I got my information from Mayo Clinic website, which did not list itching as a symptom. Thank you for sharing correct and personal insight.

I have had 4 different basal cell skin cancers removed and 3 out of the four got crusty and itchy at times.

No, skin cancer does not itch.

There are several types of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. These three types and the lesser common types of skin cancer all present with visible lesions. The lesions are specific to the type of cancer. For example, a symptom of melanoma is a  mole that changes in color, size or feel or that bleeds.

I hope this answers your question,

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer Guide

Do you use sunscreen?: