Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia Guide

ask: Find a Fibromyalgia Doctor in St. Louis MO

By pebbles

I was diagosed about a year ago with symptoms for several years. I go from doctor to doctor with no relief. I am on several different types of meds. with not much relief I wanted to see someone who will check hormones and run tests to try to find out what the fibro stems from. I am getting very frustrated with the lack of knowledge and compassion. If someone could recommend a Doc. I would be thankful!

Anonymous

I wopuld recommend you cont5act Dr. Tomasita Lahue in O'Fallon, IL near St. Louis. Her office number is 618-624-9384. She has dealt with several case that you are describing. Joseph.

diamondgirl

Pebbles, did you have any luck finding a fibro doctor in the St. Louis area? I live in Lake St. Louis, out between Wentzville and O'Fallon. I use my family practice doc Jason Van Gundy, MD, who referred me to Ramis Gheith, a pain management specialist. He is great, but I still would like to find somebody who specializes in Fibro. Take care, write back! Jane Roper

Anonymous

Message for Pebbles
Hi
I can empathise entirely and had many years of undiagnosed fibro.
The outcome of continual pain and no sympathy cost me my 27year old marriage due to uneffctive medication.
By chance .while holidaying in Florida I heard on the tv
"Do You Suffer From Fibromyalgia"and the add for LYRICA
litarally changed my life in 3 days.
THIS IS A TRUE STORY AND IT HAPPENED TO ME
I went to the drug store ,saw a doctor nearby,got a perscriptioand wow.........mobility vastly improved pain more acceptable ....
So forget trying to get someone else to help even a doctor
Take control of yourself,try this drug,and see what happens.
I managed to get it back in the UK after convincing my doctor it works.I think its normally perscribed for people with Parkinsons but who cares as long as it works!
Good luck Pebbles its worth a try I promise you.
PS put it into your computer as Lyrica and you'll see it there
Kind Regards from almost a broken woman Jane Dickens

Hi Pebbles

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you are dealing with Fibro - it's a very draining and overwhelming condition.

EmpowHER writers and guides do not recommend doctors here on EmpowHER but our readers/members are very welcome to give their input. Also, join our Fibro Group and put out some feelers there to see if our members know any doctors in your region.
http://www.empowher.com/groups/fibromyalgia

Going from doctor to doctor is not a good idea as you know so getting one who understands or specializes in Fibro is what you'll need. I also found some information here: http://www.fmscommunity.org/findingadoctor.htm#mo for you.

Information from the National Firbomyalgia Association can also help. Click here to read more: http://www.fmaware.org/site/PageServer?pagename=fibromyalgia

I hope this helps you; it's never easy to find a doctor who really understands you and your condition. Keep us posted!
~Susan