Found a lump and need to know the most economical way of going about having it looked into out having any health isnsurance

By December 26, 2009 - 3:18pm

It's really important that you tell us where you live (city and state) so we can do some research for you.

In the meantime, though, I found a page from stopbreastcancer.org that helps people find resources when they don't have insurance. Here is the link; scroll down to "If You Don't Have Health Insurance:"

There are cancer-related assistance systems around the country. Just let us know where you are and we'll see what we can find in your area.

I am 40 years old the lump is in my left breast and is palpable have had a mamogram and ultra sound through Every Woman Matters and now schedualed for a Biopsy in 5 days my fear is the cost of treatment and running out of what little money my husband and I have saved in tahe past few years with this past year me losing my job and no health insurance on myself or my husband.

(reply to deerm993)

Where do you live?

Dear Deerm993

Thank you for your question and welcome!

We need more information to be able to help you:
Where is the lump located?
How old are you?
Do you have a family history of cancer or tumors (whether benign or cancerous)
Do you have any other health concerns?
Where do you live?
Do you have access to Medicaid or do you believe you may qualify? You can check here : http://www.cms.hhs.gov/home/medicaid.asp

Please update us with more information and we will do out best to research health care for you that is either free or on a sliding scale. If you qualify for state supplemented health care, we can help you find a clinic or hospital that accepts it.

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide