Getting Periods After Sex

By Anonymous December 10, 2014 - 10:29pm

The last two times after I've had sex, I've gotten my period. In the last month, I had a period November 3rd, which was my usual cycle. A couple weeks later, I had sex and got my period again the next day. It was a typical period for me, lasting 4 days. A week and a half later, I had sex again and once again had spotting for two days. I am on and off with the pill, remembering some days and forgetting the next. I am extremely worried that I am pregnant regardless of all the bleeding, although I've had a negative test. Is there an explanation for what I am experiencing?

The most likely reason you are bleeding like this is due to misusing the Pill. 

Anytime you miss a few pills here and there and then start back on them again, you will get what's called withdrawal bleeding. 

Stick to taking the Pill every day at the same time and this will stop. I think it's just a coincidence that you are having sex around the same time.