had sex then missed pill.

By Anonymous February 7, 2016 - 7:53pm

Hi, I have been taking the pill for about 2 yrs. I had sex (with condom) after taking the pill regularly (couple hrs off sometimes) and then 3 days later I missed a pill and then the next day I took both pills. The next day I got confused and took the pill for that day and also the next day, then skipped the day of the pill I had already taken. This was the second week of the pack. I am now experiencing a bit of spotting and breast tenderness. Should I be worried?

By making your pill up on time, you did not raise your risk of pregnancy when you had sex. The next time you skipped a pill should not be a factor if there was no sex - the spotting is probably due to these skipped pills.

We cannot say for sure that you have zero risk for pregnancy but your risk is low.