Had unprotected sex 6 months ago, then took an ecp right away. Had normal menstruation, but currently, having brown discharge in between cycle, hormonal imbalance or std?

By Anonymous April 16, 2015 - 8:31pm

After taking nordette as an ecp 6 months ago, I had a normal menstrual cycle. But at times, a week after my period ends, I usually feel breast tenderness. I also monitored my discharge everyday. It was normal, but there were times that it has too much yellowish discharge for a day. Now, it has been 10 days after my period, I am now having a small amount of brown discharge. I'm wondering if it is a cause of std or hormonal imbalance or it is just normal or is it still an effect of the ecp i took 6 months ago?

This issue would have nothing to do with taking emergency contraception 6 months ago so I think you can rule that out. 

A very yellow or brown discharge could be an indication of an infection so I think it's a good idea that have that seen to so you can at least rule it out.