Heavy bleeding

Good day.

I stopped using contraceptive pill last week Tuesday. The same day my usual period stopped. My husband and I are trying to conceive. On Sunday I started to bleed heavy (like my period). I just want to find out whether that is something that is normal?

Thanks for contacting EmpowHER with your question!

The bleeding could be your body withdrawing permanently from the Pill. This doesn't necessarily mean this is a problem with your body. Are you regular, in general, when off the Pill? If so, your body should go back to normal within a month or two. Most couples get pregnant within 6 months of trying.

We have a great article on what to expect when coming off the Pill - you can take a look at this here, I think it will help: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/7-possible-side-effects-going-pill

Good luck trying to conceive!

Thank you for the reply. I am regular. I will read the article.