Help ASAP! Missed birth control pill with sex the next day! Could I be pregnant??

So I had sex with my boyfriend tonight. It did not last very long, as he entered me and two seconds later he pulled out and ejaculate on the bed. Upon going home, I realized that I missed taking last night's pill. I took both tonight. Could I be pregnant?? When I have sex with him, I never let him ejaculate inside me. Another problem is, a couple days ago, I missed a pill as well, but had not had sex recently before I missed that pill. The most recent time I've had sex within the past 2 weeks is today. I am worried because I was always taught to never EVER miss a pill or else you'd probably get pregnant. Should I take an emergency contraceptive, or should I wait it out?? HELP!!!

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

Firstly, a woman has about a 15-20% chance of pregnancy every month when she is NOT taking birth control so it's not like everytime she has sex she's likely to get pregnant - she isn't.

So when you miss one pill and make it up, you are not likely to get pregnant at all. In fact, if you make up your missed pill next day and take that days pill too, your risk is not raised at all.

You need to set an alarm on your phone so you don't miss pills but as long as you make them up the next day you should be covered.

There is no need to take emergency contraception.