ask: Help! Sore breasts two weeks before period!?

By NoName

I have a question/concern...I am wondering if it is normal for my breasts to feel sore/firm/heavier than normal two weeks before my period is supposed to start. I got my period on June 6 and it ended on June 15, which means that I would be getting my period around July 6. I would say that my breasts started to hurt around the 22 or the 23 of June. My breasts normally start to feel sore a week or so before my period starts, which has always been normal for me, so I'm a little concerned since they started feeling sore so early this time. My breasts are sore around the outer edges, and they only hurt when I push down on them or move around/lift my arms up. The area around my nipples definitely seems more stretched out than usual. There is some darkening around this area, but I think they have always looked like that. I have also been having a clear, watery discharge for the past couple of days.

I'm 22 years old and I am not on birth control. The only form of birth control my boyfriend and I use are condoms, and we have never had unprotected sex. We have always, always used a condom. I know that condoms are not always 100% safe so...ugh.

I have been reading some forums on early pregnancy symptoms that have to do with breast soreness and what not, and I have made myself very nervous and scared. Sometimes I feel very paranoid about becoming pregnant since that's that last thing I want right now. I also sometimes feel that having sex isn't worth all this worrying and that if I am not mature enough to handle a pregnancy than I shouldn't even be having sex in the first place. I tend to over-exagerate everything and assume that it's an early pregnancy symptom as opposed to PMS, and this is not the first time that this has happened. This is the only thing I have been able to think about for the past couple of days! It is so distracting/annoying! So, it would be nice to hear someone else's advice or input. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous

Hi I hope smeome can help me. I had my last
depot injection in June this year my next injection was supposed to be on 2 September but I didn't bother having it done as me and my partner are trying for a baby so I've been off it now for two months and I've not had a period yet but lately I've been getting saw heavy pains in my breasts and sore nipples also been getting white milky discharge from my vagina and a few cramps in my tummy I've done a few pregnancy test but they've all came up negative do you think it's too early to take one do you think I'm pregnant can somebody please help me?

Anonymous

Hey, I know I'm pregnant but I'm guessing I'm around 2 weeks only, should my breast be really sore and swollen at 2 weeks or am I maybe further along than I think? Please help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pregnant women experience different symptoms at different times so I don't think this is anything to worry about. 

To know your due date, click here: 

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

Anonymous

Anonymous

my breast hurt even if i don't touch them. I only have a week in till my period is due

This is common when a woman has pretty severe PMS. Even walking or going up and down a stairs can be very painful. The pain should subside within a few days. Advil can help. I hope you feel better soon. 

Anonymous

I'm 16 years old and for the past few days my breast have been very tender and sore, if I grab then lightly it's very painful but if I just touch them it doesn't! I'm not having sex but have done other sexual things I've also got little white dots on the top of my nipples and when I look this up is comes up wit pregnancy but surely I can't be pregnant ? Please help!

No there is no way you can be pregnant if your not sexually active.

Anonymous

I have had unprotected sex a number of times..my period isnt due for 18 days and my boobs are aching to touch.could i be pregnant???

If your period isn't due to 18 days, you may not even be ovulating yet - it's far too early to know. If you don't get your period on time then take a pregnancy test. It's too early to tell now.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: