ask: Help! Sore breasts two weeks before period!?

I have a question/concern...I am wondering if it is normal for my breasts to feel sore/firm/heavier than normal two weeks before my period is supposed to start. I got my period on June 6 and it ended on June 15, which means that I would be getting my period around July 6. I would say that my breasts started to hurt around the 22 or the 23 of June. My breasts normally start to feel sore a week or so before my period starts, which has always been normal for me, so I'm a little concerned since they started feeling sore so early this time. My breasts are sore around the outer edges, and they only hurt when I push down on them or move around/lift my arms up. The area around my nipples definitely seems more stretched out than usual. There is some darkening around this area, but I think they have always looked like that. I have also been having a clear, watery discharge for the past couple of days.

I'm 22 years old and I am not on birth control. The only form of birth control my boyfriend and I use are condoms, and we have never had unprotected sex. We have always, always used a condom. I know that condoms are not always 100% safe so...ugh.

I have been reading some forums on early pregnancy symptoms that have to do with breast soreness and what not, and I have made myself very nervous and scared. Sometimes I feel very paranoid about becoming pregnant since that's that last thing I want right now. I also sometimes feel that having sex isn't worth all this worrying and that if I am not mature enough to handle a pregnancy than I shouldn't even be having sex in the first place. I tend to over-exagerate everything and assume that it's an early pregnancy symptom as opposed to PMS, and this is not the first time that this has happened. This is the only thing I have been able to think about for the past couple of days! It is so distracting/annoying! So, it would be nice to hear someone else's advice or input. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous

Me and you are having the same issue! But no worries, it sounds like you're ovulating. Sometimes your breasts can become sore during ovulation due to a rise in hormone levels.

skyler1995

Hi, im 17years old my breast have been hurting really bad lately and ive also been really moody and tired. My best friend thinks their growing or im about to start my period but thats not for two more weeks and I was wondering if that meant their was a chance I could be pregnant. I had sex a week before my last period it was unprotected but I still had my period so im not sure if pregnacy is even a thought.

Anonymous

Hi, im 17 years old. I had sex a week before my period started and then it came. Just recently my boobs have started hurting its been four days and they still hurt. Ive also been really moody and tired. And im not sure what it is my period isnt for another two weeks. Does anyone know what it coulf be from?

Anonymous

Hello I don't know what's happening I have had sex with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago and now I'm supposed to be due to start my period, however my breasts have been really tender and my nipples have been sore. I usually get sore breasts before I start my period. I've taken a home pregnancy test and it said negative, but my breasts still hurt and I haven't had any other symptoms to do with pregnancy so now I'm really worried .

Anonymous

I'm going through the same thing. I'm 20 and last year I had a silent miscarriage at 6 weeks. I started my periodon the 14th jan and had protected sex on the 28th (after having oral sex with a condom I thought it had a hole in it but my fiancé didn't think so) we had sex and for the past 2 days my breasts are so sore even just walking makes them hurt so bad. When we took the condom off there didn't seem to be anything leaking out of it. I want a baby so bad after miscarrying. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry for so much detail

Jaz

Anonymous

hi! I usually have soreness to my breast few days before my period. This time 2 weeks before. This never happened before. I am not using any birth control.

Anonymous

Hi,
I was having sore nipples for almost a week now.My last period started last 25th of December.Had sex on 2nd,5th,7th and 11th of January.but on the 9th i had a light like period and had to change the panty liners often but not as heavy as normal period though.My period wont come until the 22nd of January.But the spottings were totally gone afternoon on the 3rd day.Im not sure when if that was ovulation or i ovulate already early or that was implantation bleeding.My breasts/nipples sore until now.And ive been bloated for the past few days.
My partner and I are TTC.

Anyone knows whats hapenning?please kindly reply.

Thanks,
Sophie

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Sophie

You are experiencing some pregnancy signs so taking a test is a good idea.

Hi Susan,

I am really confuse now.i had a bright red spotting just a few last Sunday night the 13th of Jan but that was it then then yesterday morning Monday i started having a moderate period but no clotting.Today Tuesday its like its finishing.its not as heavy as yesterday.I normally have a heavy period on the 2nda day and it came also pretty early.Im supposed to have period on the 22nd/23rd of Jan but it came the 14th,8 days early.It never happens ever.

Thanks for the reply,
Sophie

Anonymous

According to planned parenthood, pregnancy symptoms such as sore breasts, do not appear until after your missed period. Go to their live chat to confirm this!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: