ask: Help! Sore breasts two weeks before period!?

By NoName

I have a question/concern...I am wondering if it is normal for my breasts to feel sore/firm/heavier than normal two weeks before my period is supposed to start. I got my period on June 6 and it ended on June 15, which means that I would be getting my period around July 6. I would say that my breasts started to hurt around the 22 or the 23 of June. My breasts normally start to feel sore a week or so before my period starts, which has always been normal for me, so I'm a little concerned since they started feeling sore so early this time. My breasts are sore around the outer edges, and they only hurt when I push down on them or move around/lift my arms up. The area around my nipples definitely seems more stretched out than usual. There is some darkening around this area, but I think they have always looked like that. I have also been having a clear, watery discharge for the past couple of days.

I'm 22 years old and I am not on birth control. The only form of birth control my boyfriend and I use are condoms, and we have never had unprotected sex. We have always, always used a condom. I know that condoms are not always 100% safe so...ugh.

I have been reading some forums on early pregnancy symptoms that have to do with breast soreness and what not, and I have made myself very nervous and scared. Sometimes I feel very paranoid about becoming pregnant since that's that last thing I want right now. I also sometimes feel that having sex isn't worth all this worrying and that if I am not mature enough to handle a pregnancy than I shouldn't even be having sex in the first place. I tend to over-exagerate everything and assume that it's an early pregnancy symptom as opposed to PMS, and this is not the first time that this has happened. This is the only thing I have been able to think about for the past couple of days! It is so distracting/annoying! So, it would be nice to hear someone else's advice or input. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous

I have had unprotected sex a number of times..my period isnt due for 18 days and my boobs are aching to touch.could i be pregnant???

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If your period isn't due to 18 days, you may not even be ovulating yet - it's far too early to know. If you don't get your period on time then take a pregnancy test. It's too early to tell now.

Anonymous

Hi there I'm 17 and my boobs have been sore for the past 2 weeks swollen and tender i don't know what is going on my boobs haven't felt this sore ever in my life. Than when I got my period it was spotting on and off for the past 3 days it comes and goes every hour is this normal and it seems to be brown discharge and red and. Pink .could I be pregnant? I can't put any pressure on my boobs or nipples. I am so worried and don't know what's happening could someone please help me out

If you have been having unprotected sex then it's possible that you could be pregnant. Take a pregnancy test to rule that out. 

Anonymous

Hi I'm 19 , I have a a normal period for months my breasts usually hurt before my period but today July 10th my breasts are sore on the outside near my armpits my nipples are not sore at all and they are not dark and no signs of pregnancy I took pregnancy test and they all are negative but my breast have never hurt like this I just wanted to know if its because they are growing more or I have breast cancer? I need answers. Please

Anonymous

Is excruiting breast pain, in the nipple region common before a period. it has never happened to me before, but it has just happened in the last few days

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm 15 years old and I suddenly have sore breasts. Not my nipple, only my breasts when I squeeze them very lightly. A mere touch doesn't do anything. It's 12 days before my period is due and I'm slightly frightened even though I've never had sex befre, so I must not be pregnant. Yet I don't find an answer to my question on the internet that DOESNT point to pregnancy. My period is usually irregular but has been consecutive for the past two months; last month it came early and with almost no flow. I would really want an answer to this as I'm anxious.
Thanks.

Anonymous

I Am A Lesbian , And Ive Never Had Sex With A Male Nor Have I Had Sexual Intercouse With A Female Within The Past Seven Months . But As Of Recently Im Experiencing Very Sore And Sensitive Nipples And Breast . And My Nipples Are Almost Automatically Hard And Idk Why . Im Hardly Ever Horny So I Know Thats Ruled Out . At First I Would Only Get These Symptoms A Couple Of Days Before My Cycle Comes On But As A First , These Symptoms Have Come On Way Too Early And My Breast Feel Heavier And They Hurt Terribly . Any Ideas , Guys ?

Anonymous

Hello everyone,
I had unprotected sex the very last day of my period which was around May 22nd. It is June 9th right now and it is a week before I am supposed to get my period (which is between the 14th and 16th), but my breasts have been sore and very very tender for almost 3 weeks now. I do usually get sore or tender breasts a week before my menstrual cycle, but this is crazy. Almost 3 weeks with this soreness..

Melissmac (reply to Anonymous)

I'm having the same issue- please let me know how you feel and/or what happens and I will be glad to do the same!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: