ask: Help! Sore breasts two weeks before period!?

By NoName

I have a question/concern...I am wondering if it is normal for my breasts to feel sore/firm/heavier than normal two weeks before my period is supposed to start. I got my period on June 6 and it ended on June 15, which means that I would be getting my period around July 6. I would say that my breasts started to hurt around the 22 or the 23 of June. My breasts normally start to feel sore a week or so before my period starts, which has always been normal for me, so I'm a little concerned since they started feeling sore so early this time. My breasts are sore around the outer edges, and they only hurt when I push down on them or move around/lift my arms up. The area around my nipples definitely seems more stretched out than usual. There is some darkening around this area, but I think they have always looked like that. I have also been having a clear, watery discharge for the past couple of days.

I'm 22 years old and I am not on birth control. The only form of birth control my boyfriend and I use are condoms, and we have never had unprotected sex. We have always, always used a condom. I know that condoms are not always 100% safe so...ugh.

I have been reading some forums on early pregnancy symptoms that have to do with breast soreness and what not, and I have made myself very nervous and scared. Sometimes I feel very paranoid about becoming pregnant since that's that last thing I want right now. I also sometimes feel that having sex isn't worth all this worrying and that if I am not mature enough to handle a pregnancy than I shouldn't even be having sex in the first place. I tend to over-exagerate everything and assume that it's an early pregnancy symptom as opposed to PMS, and this is not the first time that this has happened. This is the only thing I have been able to think about for the past couple of days! It is so distracting/annoying! So, it would be nice to hear someone else's advice or input. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous

My fiancé & I have been TTC for the past few months. My period is expected in about 5 days. My CF is still creamy, thick & white. I worry time to time it's my period but no. Outter side of my boobs are sore, nipples tingle every so often. Stomach has been very gugrly & it just feels like a half blown ballon is in there. Joint pains, not too much backache which I usually get during pms. I've been really irritable with my fiancé for no reason. I cried this morning 3 times over nothing & laughed at myself FOR crying. I just can only hope that we have a little one in there! Any advice, please help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your symptoms could be PMS or pregnancy - or a gastric problem or you could be getting the flu due to the joint pain! 

In other words, you have so many broad symptoms that it's impossible to tell. 

If you don't get your period when expected, take a test. 

Anonymous

Hi I hope smeome can help me. I had my last
depot injection in June this year my next injection was supposed to be on 2 September but I didn't bother having it done as me and my partner are trying for a baby so I've been off it now for two months and I've not had a period yet but lately I've been getting saw heavy pains in my breasts and sore nipples also been getting white milky discharge from my vagina and a few cramps in my tummy I've done a few pregnancy test but they've all came up negative do you think it's too early to take one do you think I'm pregnant can somebody please help me?

Any update on this? I have the same story!

Im having the same symptoms, sore nipples, milky discharge, weight gain, and bloating! I'm looking for answer to the same question as well. Please let me know if you are pregnant. My tubes have been tied for 12 years. Period due around the 5th of November.

You're pregnant

Anonymous

Hey, I know I'm pregnant but I'm guessing I'm around 2 weeks only, should my breast be really sore and swollen at 2 weeks or am I maybe further along than I think? Please help

Pregnant women experience different symptoms at different times so I don't think this is anything to worry about. 

To know your due date, click here: 

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

Anonymous

Anonymous

my breast hurt even if i don't touch them. I only have a week in till my period is due

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: