hemorrhoids and sexual side effects

I have hemorrhoids and since getting them will pass gass every time I orgasm. Is there a connection between the two and more importantly is there anything I can do to fix this? It is to the point where I would rather not let myself have an orgasm since I know what will happen.

Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER.

Sex can inflame hemorrhoids, but not how you might think. When you become aroused, the genital and anal area becomes engorged with blood flow. This increased pressure on the anal area can cause hemorrhoids to flare up.

As far as orgasm and passing gas, passing gas is not unusual after sex/orgasm. There are even "vaginal farts" that happen due to pockets of air being trapped during intercourse. But yes, hemorrhoids can cause more gas because they affect the working of the sphincter muscles in the anus.

Passing gas isn't so bad, and it's not worth giving up the big O for but are you passing a lot to the point that it's just too uncomfortable?

What are you doing to rid yourself of the hemorrhoids?

Read more about treatments here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/hemorrhoids/treatments