hi my name is katie and i got my tubes tied right after i had my second child in december of 09 and my periods are regular and i july of 2010 was my last period

my last period was in july 2010 and then missed my period in august and here it is september and still no period and i called my doctor but the earliest that she can get me in is september the 20th and i took a pregnancy test and it showed up negative and iam scared that if iam pregnant that the baby will die and i just cant handle that so can you please help. Thank You

Hi Katie!

Thanks for your question! Getting pregnant after a tubal ligation is rare (roughly less than one percent to one half of one percent) but it can happen.

However, a negative pregnancy test, when taken correctly, is as effective as a test in your doctor's office. So take it for what it is - a negative.

If you are in any kind of pain however, make sure you contact your doctor as soon as possible.

There many be other reasons for skipping a period - stress, illness, perimenopause (how old are you?) or just a random skip that can happen to a woman for no known reason.

Keep an eye on how you're feeling but your appointment is fairly soon - will you let us know how your doctor visit goes?

Thank you so much for the advice. And iam 24 years old. And i will keep in touch with you to let you know what the doctor saids. And again thank you so much for the advice

Ectopic Pregnancy

Ectopic Pregnancy Guide